GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight we went to my twin girls Away softball game.
As a proud new Acadia owner I wanted to show off a little after the game. So about 15 car lenghts away I punched the door lock button, the engine start button & the rear hatch.

Everything worked as planned,,,,plus a GMC truck 6 spaces away popped its lights on at the same time :eek: hehehe.

I guess it didn't have remote start cause the engine was off as I walked by. I did not find the owner to tell them, nor did I try to turn them off ::)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Call me dense, but do you mean YOUR remote turned on his lights too???!! That's hilarious! Did your maneuvers turn many heads!!?? Show off! :D

·
Premium Member
15,751 Posts
I replied here because I think it's weird and it's about remote start; anyway why is it that you have to hit the lock button on the remote before you attempt to remote start?

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
jsimms said:
why is it that you have to hit the lock button on the remote before you attempt to remote start?
That's what the manual says to do. Or were you asking why did GM's engineers design it that way?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think its a two button function, lock and then start button, so you are not likely to do it by accident in your pocket. Who want their car outside burning gas when you don't know about it?

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
The lock prior to remote start is a liability/anti-theft issue. If it was the other way around, you would have an open & running vehicle which would be a target of easy opportunity for a car thief, even if they couldn't drive it away.

·
Registered
448 Posts
You know it could have been the owner of the truck just happened to use his remote at around the same time you did. With all it takes to program a remote to a specific vehicle I think the odds against your remote opening another vehicle would be very slim.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
dfrank78 said:
You know it could have been the owner of the truck just happened to use his remote at around the same time you did. With all it takes to program a remote to a specific vehicle I think the odds against your remote opening another vehicle would be very slim.
While it does seem odd, I'm actually fairly certain that there's another member here who's remote was working on another Acadia... I'll have to see if I can dig up that post.

EDIT: Would you believe I actually found it using the search feature on this forum... :eek: ;D

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=5154.0

·
Registered
597 Posts
Raven,

It doesn't surprise me at all that you found it. After all, Queen's do have special powers!

BLUE, why do you think it's a liability issue? I think all anybody could do would be to rev the engine. You can't get it out of gear, can't use the audio functions, just about nothing.. until the key is in the ign. But, I do think it's a good mandatory procedure. You actually have to intend to start the car by remote this way!

Smooth[/color] <><

·
Super Moderator
18,757 Posts
Smooth said:
BLUE, why do you think it's a liability issue? I think all anybody could do would be to rev the engine. You can't get it out of gear, can't use the audio functions, just about nothing.. until the key is in the ign. But, I do think it's a good mandatory procedure. You actually have to intend to start the car by remote this way!

Smooth[/color] <><
I think in some states it's illegal to leave an unlocked and unattended car running. Maybe the insurance companies had something to say about it, too!

·
Premium Member
15,751 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
The lock prior to remote start is a liability/anti-theft issue. If it was the other way around, you would have an open & running vehicle which would be a target of easy opportunity for a car thief, even if they couldn't drive it away.
Makes sense put in that way :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts