GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, its been 10 weeks 5 days since we ordered our acadia. I'm going out of my mind. I know its on the transport trucks and could be delivered ANYTIME. The waiting is now almost unbearable. I REALLY want it to come in tomorrow (or maybe it came today!) so I can pick it up no later than saturday. but i'm feeling like I'll have to wait until Monday or later (Murphys law)... I actually think about the Acadia as a happy thought to get myself to sleep at night... this is becoming an obsession! :)

I'm on this forum every few hours hoping for new threads, new pictures, something to keep me from going insane. I'm now terrified it will be damaged in shipment or have been built wrong.

Thanks for reading, I just had to vent.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm only on week four...with no update to my 2000 status code (priority 7). The dealer that I bought it from just got three more on their lot this week...so they have five 08 Acadias waiting to be sold. Honestly, the longer the wait the better. I have a feeling the fed will be lowering rates in 12 days or so by at least a quarter point...so I'm expecting my credit union to follow suit.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I know what you mean, the acadia has become an obsession for me also and I find myself spending more time than I should on this forum searching for new content. My situation is a little different. I ordered the Acadia two weeks ago from my local dealership and then found another one willing to sell one for less. I cancelled my order with the original dealer and submitted it to the new one. Within the past two days, both have contacted me letting me know that the Acadias are in. Apparently they had both ordered what I had wanted before I came in. My dilemma is that this is a surprise anniversary gift for my wife and our anniversary is on October 9 so I have more than a month to wait before I can go and pick it up. Since I ordered from a dealer out of town, I can't even go and see it before I go pick it up next month. I'm drowning in Acadias I can't have yet!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
let me get this straight, you ordered an acadia and it arrived in 2 weeks? 2 OF THEM????? OMG, and here I sit waiting 11 weeks for mine... maybe I should have bought one in Detroit! :banghead:

I'm sorry you have to wait another month, but imagine how sweet it will be when you show it to her! :) I would love that as a gift!

·
Registered
117 Posts
bhpeters said:
let me get this straight, you ordered an acadia and it arrived in 2 weeks? 2 OF THEM????? OMG, and here I sit waiting 11 weeks for mine... maybe I should have bought one in Detroit! :banghead:

I'm sorry you have to wait another month, but imagine how sweet it will be when you show it to her! :) I would love that as a gift!
Actually, his ordered Acadia DID NOT COME IN. However, another Acadia just like it did, so he really would not have to wait any longer. His dealer apparently had ordered one just like he wanted weeks before. So , it was a coincidence. I found an acadia on a lot the other day that was 95% like I wanted. Had I bought, I could have taken immediate delivery without any wait...not even 2 weeks.

·
Registered
389 Posts
But don't they know what they ordered? My dealer has told me "I have on the "train" a Red Jewel SLT-1 4SA blah blah blah...". Why did the dealer make them go thru the heartache of a 10 week order when he could have had his inventory manager tell them that the exact thing they want was on the way in 2-3 weeks? That would just make sense to me.

·
Registered
95 Posts
To shed a little more light on my situation. When I went to the dealerships I purposely ordered my Acadia because I knew that I had a while before I would be taking delivery of it. Each of them informed me that they would place an order for the Acadia because any that they had on order they would want to sell (this was before either of them knew what they actually had on order). The first dealership went ahead and placed the order for my specific Acadia, ordered 8/9 arrived 9/5. The second dealership did not place the order as he knew they had one coming in. It is in earlier than they expected but will hold it for me since I placed a deposit. I hope this clears up any confusion. I still can't wait to go and pick it up and certainly can't wait to present it to my wife. I have to see if I can get one of those big bows that I always see on the Lexus commercials.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've never ordered a vehicle. After reading the gazillion threads and posts on this forum revolving around this topic, I am absolutely certain that I never will. :sosad:

·
Registered
362 Posts
rudykizuty said:
I've never ordered a vehicle. After reading the gazillion threads and posts on this forum revolving around this topic, I am absolutely certain that I never will. :sosad:
Depends upon the dealer. We were told that it could take up to 12 weeks. It actually took less than 6. Acadia arrived exactly as ordered.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
jfencl said:
rudykizuty said:
Depends upon the dealer. We were told that it could take up to 12 weeks. It actually took less than 6. Acadia arrived exactly as ordered.
My dealer told me 6-8 weeks, and it came in exactly 6 weeks after we ordered it. No problems.

·
Registered
99 Posts
GeoHawk said:
jfencl said:
rudykizuty said:
My dealer told me 6-8 weeks, and it came in exactly 6 weeks after we ordered it. No problems.
My dealer told me 6 to 8 weeks also. I have never ordered a vehicle before, always bought off their lot (same dealer). I hope is more like 6 weeks. That would mean I only have a little under 5 to go. ;D

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was told 6-8 weeks. The car is arriving this week (currently in San Antonio with destination of Austin) which would be week #6.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My build week is 9/17 next week (I've been told by the dealer in Nampa ID). I'm hoping to be flying from Seattle to Boise in the first few weeks of Oct to pick it up. :thumb:

I've having a hard time not being a pain in the %$#%# with my salesman on Status check. ;D

Looking forward to the first nice road trip driving it home....Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts