GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the "call" Saturday car was in BUT missing several package options! (most, in fact!).

To make a long sad story shorter...Told them we didn't want the vehicle, nor would we accept it with aftermarket add-ons. He totally agreed, not even a question. Since our vehicle was part of a fleet order, GM said they had met their allocations and it would be 2 1/2 months to have our "correct" vehicle built! No thanks...not after waiting 12 weeks already.

They searched and searched and found us a Deep Blue Metallic SLT-1 with all the options we ordered, PLUS, 19" wheels with chrome and HUD. (one dealer asked him for $500 to make a trade) Because of their error when they ordered the vehicle, they are only charging us an extra $120 for the HUD and 19 inchers! (Naturally, I had to remind them of the error and why should I have to pay for their mistake blah blah blah)! Our dealer really went to bat for us! We were supposed to have a blue-gold but are really quite happy with this new color.

The car is arriving this afternoon! (barring any more "incidents"!!!!!) :beer:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Bummer! Hope you are happy with your new choice.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sorry to hear about your luck, but hopefully your good deal will more than make up for it. For what it's worth, we love your new Acadia! You're right on with your headline, though--drinking during pregnancy is not a good thing!!! :beer:

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have heard others with a similar problem on here. Not sure how that could happen. I am with you. If mine comes in wrong I will not accept it and will wait the extra few months.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is my greatest fear. I will absoultely flip out if I get the wrong car after waiting 3 months.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to hear about your luck, but hopefully your good deal will more than make up for it. For what it's worth, we love your new Acadia! You're right on with your headline, though--drinking during pregnancy is not a good thing!!! :beer:
[/quote]

LET ME CLARIFY!!! I am not pregnant (in response to my icon with the smiling face drinking a beer!!) Maybe you are kidding, but I just want to make that clear!!! I don't drink and drive or drink with baby in tow!!!!

I had made a post the other day titled "the GM stork just delivered another Acadia", so THAT is the only baby involved here!!!!

Keith, hopefully you will have no problems upon delivery, but it goes to show you how easily mistakes can happen, no fault of GM's, I'm happy to report!! T

Just keep on them during your waiting period and examine orders and such as much as you can! Thanks!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Nikodyn! It probably won't happen to YOU!!! Like I mentioned, just keep in touch with your dealer, or GM, where ever you can get info on your order. Hope you got a copy of the order or confirmation! I didn't but trusted our dealer and know him well. He was working through someone else, that was where the error came from.

Hang in there!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Congrats etgus!! I know this has not gone well for you but I'm glad that at least it has a happy ending and you're getting an Acadia. :blob: Deep Blue Metallic was my 2nd choice and part of me still thinks I should have gone with that...but I think I'll be happy with the Blue-Gold. :D

Louise

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
The Deep Blue Metallic was my first choice, but they had a Red Jewel in stock that was afforable for me. I think you'll be happy with it. It's an awesome color and you're still getting all the options you want! :) Congrats! And perhaps send the stork to AA. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
etgus - sorry to hear about all the trouble, but it sounds like you'll be getting a great Acadia in the end, so that's good. Deep blue is still by favorite color (the one I voted for on the ext color poll), the color we originally test drove and was our first choice. Unfortunately, it had bench seats which was a deal breaker, so we ended up with Carbon Metallic, our second choice. (We weren't willing to wait 3 months for an order).

·
Registered
230 Posts
we'll keep you as an honorary member of the blue-gold club anyway. you'll love it regardless of the color. congratulations! :cheers: :beer:

·
Registered
264 Posts
That was one of my biggest fears since i never had to order a car before i always found excatly what i wanted on the lot but, i did worry about a mistake and not getting what i ordered. Sorry to hear it still happens but you should be very happy with what you recieve.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had a dream the other night and my Acadia arrived with PURPLE paint and zebra stripped cloth seats. I woke up screaming.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I know someone at work that dresses like that. She'd love an Acadia with that combo! ;D ;D

·
Registered
99 Posts
When I was waiting for my Acadia, I showed my 6-year-old daughter all the colors on the gmc website. When you are previewing the colors and switch from white to red jewel the Acadia turns pink for a split second. Once she saw the pink, she said I had to get that color. I tried to tell her that it doesn't come in pink, but she didn't believe me.

To this day, she still says I should have gotten a pink one!

*Unfortunately, they have changed the page where you choose the colors and you can no longer see it when it's pink

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hELLO! Well, I'm kinda glad the stork screwed up, because we picked up the vehicle last night! And its awesome. We love the Deep Blue Metallic! Would have loved the blue-gold as we ordered, but since they screwed up and they found us another vehicle so quickly, we GRABBED IT!

That's funny because I never dreamed it would happen to us and it did! But it all worked out!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ya gotta love happy endings!!

:worthless:

·
Registered
19 Posts
garco 57 said:
That was one of my biggest fears since i never had to order a car before i always found excatly what i wanted on the lot but, i did worry about a mistake and not getting what i ordered. Sorry to hear it still happens but you should be very happy with what you recieve.
:blob: :blob:[/color]

Hey garco........I'm hoping that our's comes in with everything too....... :blob: I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ......
excited....I'm about to lose control !! :cheers:

·
Registered
405 Posts
MommaRita said:
garco 57 said:
:blob: :blob:[/color]

excited....I'm about to lose control !! :cheers:
of what ;D ???

Congrats on yall's acadia comming in ENJOY :cheers:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts