GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first time in my life I have a car that people are actually noticing. In the beauty shop I had 3 people randomly comment on how beautiful my Acadia is, then at Sonic today the TEENAGE carhop told my husband, "nice car." I think it would take a lot to get a teenager to say something like that about this obviously family vehicle. We were so smug about it later, I LOVE the kudos we get!

·
Registered
30 Posts
We are experiencing the same thing. This car is getting a lot of buzz. The first day we drove it...took it to breakfast...got asked a bunch of questions in the parking lot by a guy who was admiring it and said he loved the look and was going to a dealer to check one out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Teenager praise for a GMC is not all that remarkable, but expected.
NOW, teenager praise for those of us who drive Enclaves, that's earth shattering.
I can't believe the response I have seen.
After all, only old people drive Buicks. ;D ;D(I am one of them/over 50)
Enjoy your Acadia :thumb:

·
Registered
624 Posts
I assume the carhop was "female" as most of them are at Sonic. Are you SURE she wasn't actually "flirting" with your husband by commenting on his car? :eek: :love:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, the carhop was a GUY, and he definitely didn't look at anything other than the car. :)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Ok, my bad....never had a male carhop at our Sonics around here.

·
Registered
95 Posts
This is off topic, but I see commercials for Sonic's all the time here in the Detroit area, but the nearest one is over 130 miles away in Ohio. The food looks good and they tease us by not having any around. Would it be worth taking a road trip for compared to the other fast food fare (McDonalds, Wendys, Arby's, etc...)?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Commercials here too for Sonic, but I have never seen one.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Sonic beats the hell out of McDonald's, Wendy's and Arby's. We don't have any here either, but any time we road trip and pass by one, we try to stop in. YUM.

On a somewhat related note - A few people have stopped me in parking lots to ask about my Acadia and how I like it. They tell me they've been considering one. So I rave about it a little bit. :) And my son (15 1/2) loves my Acadia. He's itching to get his drivers' license so he can drive it too. haha

·
Registered
54 Posts
We were driving through a shopping center parking lot and waved a lady across in front of us as she was walking from the lot to the sidewalk. It was one of those "you go, no you go" situations until she approached my window. I rolled it down and she said she wanted to look at the Acadia. We talked for 10 minutes about the car and how much we like it. She must have told us a dozen times how pretty it is. A vehicle hasn't gotten this much attention since I drove my 1966 Corvair convertible to Sears for an alignment.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
This weekend, two of my son's friends (girls) told him my car was way cool. Instead of agreeing or saying "thank you", he told them that his dad's car was better! I guess he doesn't want to learn to drive!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Web Raven said:
Sonic beats the hell out of McDonald's, Wendy's and Arby's. We don't have any here either, but any time we road trip and pass by one, we try to stop in. YUM.

:ditto: I sure wish we had!!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
you are not missing anything by not having a Sonic.....accept a widening of your hind quarters. FYI most of the comments I get on my Acadia are how much they love the brick interior. I think it is the next hot interior color, though it is not for masses, but surely for those with good taste.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I agree that the brick interior is very stylish, but I don't understand why GM doesn't allow it with the blue exterior. My wife's M3 convertible interior is very close to brick (BMW calls it cinnamon) but she had to place a "special exception" order to get it with a dark blue exterior and top. Many people have admired the car and I think the Acadia would look equally attractive in a brick and blue combination.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts