GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The seat moves all the way back but when I try to move it all the way to the front the seat moves along the left track and not the right. Does anyone have any suggestions or is this something I need to get fixed by my dealer???
Thank you.

·
Registered
681 Posts
It sounds like the motor is working but something is making the seat get stuck on the right track (maybe the track has come apart and is causing it to get stuck) - If you are close to the dealer I would definetely get it fixed by them under warranty - that is a safety issue if it makes your seat position so far away from the wheel and pedal.

You could just try jumping up and down on the seat to get it unstuck ;D - didn't GM recommend a 300 pound person sit in the seat and move the seat back and forth many times to get it to stop the rough movement on the tracks :eek:hno: How dumb is that. But seriously you can try not sitting in the seat as you move it forward and lifting a little to try to get it unstuck - if that works I would still take it to the dealer and have them fix the problem (or install new tracks).

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Definately take it to the dealer for safety reasons at least. Also, they need to fix it under warranty.

·
Registered
112 Posts
johnway said:
You could just try jumping up and down on the seat to get it unstuck ;D - didn't GM recommend a 300 pound person sit in the seat and move the seat back and forth many times to get it to stop the rough movement on the tracks :eek:hno: How dumb is that.
I also had the problem with the seat making noise and grinding on the track when being moved.

We rent a room out in our house to a nice young man and he is.... how do I say this "Hefty" close to 350 lb. or more. Anyway, I worked up the nerve to ask him to sit in the drivers seat and ride it back and forth about 20x. He said sure no problem. Believe it or not it worked! No more noise or jolting.

·
Registered
681 Posts
dchillrat said:
johnway said:
You could just try jumping up and down on the seat to get it unstuck ;D - didn't GM recommend a 300 pound person sit in the seat and move the seat back and forth many times to get it to stop the rough movement on the tracks :eek:hno: How dumb is that.
I also had the problem with the seat making noise and grinding on the track when being moved.

We rent a room out in our house to a nice young man and he is.... how do I say this "Hefty" close to 350 lb. or more. Anyway, I worked up the nerve to ask him to sit in the drivers seat and ride it back and forth about 20x. He said sure no problem. Believe it or not it worked! No more noise or jolting.
Well, the GMC engineers know what they are talking about after all ;D I guess I better start eating :beer:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I thought about eating more or asking a large friend to help, but then I realized if I just have my wife sit on my lap we can get close to the 300lb mark and that is just way more fun. :angel:

·
Registered
166 Posts
GAR said:
I thought about eating more or asking a large friend to help, but then I realized if I just have my wife sit on my lap we can get close to the 300lb mark and that is just way more fun. :angel:
Resisting... resisting.... Can't hold back... Well, while sitting there will get you close, I'm sure the intermittent bouncing will have an equally effective result. Resisting... with a happy ending. :D I'm so weak.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts