GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Last two or three episodes have been snoozers. I found myself reading a magazine and watching at the same time. That never happened last year. It's just been a bit slow lately.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
What is this show you talk about?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pipes said:
Last two or three episodes have been snoozers. I found myself reading a magazine and watching at the same time. That never happened last year. It's just been a bit slow lately.
I haven't seen this week's yet. Each season there seems to be a lull in the middle...this season is no different. I'm not a fan of the new president...I thought it was a little stupid to have David Palmer's little brother as the new president. But not as stupid as having Jack's daughter who had a GED work in CTU in their information systems division. Cut me a freakin' break.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
I think my wife and I are the only 2 people who don't watch this show.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I watched the first two seasons, then it got old. However, I watched the premiere for this season, and I'm hooked. All in all, it's got plenty of action and suspense....It beats Desperate Housewives with a stick (no pun intended) :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
24 is an awesome show. The plot gets better as the season progresses. I love how each show ends with a cliffhanger (most of the time). Prison Break is a good show as well.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pelle31 said:
NY_Joe said:
yeah but the Backyardigans rule ;D
Agghhhhhahahahahahahahaha!!! That was so funny. Oh wait, I had to watch Curious George and the Wiggles this morning while getting my kids ready for school. ::)

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Pelle31 said:
NY_Joe said:
Don't knock it until you try it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
That's funny because, as the show started and I was heading out of the room for the night, my husband said, "if this show comes back for another season, I won't be watching it!" He was a loyal viewer, but somewhere this season, he lost interest.

Any Prison Breaker watchers? I stay in the room for that one!

·
Registered
215 Posts
NY_Joe said:
Pelle31 said:
NY_Joe said:
Don't knock it until you try it.
oh trust me. I speak from experience.

though my 4 year old is more likely to watch TMNT or any superhero show than Backyardigans anymore

Back on topic though. I started watching 24 at season 4 because my wife's cousin's wife (huh? i'm confused) was on it and I got hooked. Ended up renting or buying the first 3 seasons on DVD and watched them all while Season 4 was still going on. ;D

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
I've never missed an episode in 5 seasons. Season 2 was a rehash (it was not intended to go beyond the original season and I think that second season was written in a hurry). Otherwise, one of the most action packed shows on TV by far - it's like a movie every week. Although you have to have some SERIOUS suspension of disbelief. Prison break is also very good, but nothing compares to the almighty LOST! =)

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
admin said:
I've never missed an episode in 5 seasons. Season 2 was a rehash (it was not intended to go beyond the original season and I think that second season was written in a hurry). Otherwise, one of the most action packed shows on TV by far - it's like a movie every week. Although you have to have some SERIOUS suspension of disbelief. Prison break is also very good, but nothing compares to the almighty LOST! =)
LOST is on the verge of being cancelled b/c of poor ratings.

They promise answers and just create more questions......

Desmond is a physcic
Hugo and his dad
The french lady in the jungle...

GIVE ME SOME ANSWERS!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
While Lost's ratings are down from the stratosphere, it's not even CLOSE to being canceled. The ratings are being compared episode to episode (20 million last season, 12.8 million last week), but with its recent move to the 10pm timeslot, all shows at that time get less than half the viewership of the 8 and 9 pm hours. Relatively speaking, it's doing better than its timeslot competitors now than it did at 9pm! In fact, it's the #1 show on Weds at 10pm, nearly doubling 2nd place CSI:NY. On top of that, it's supposedly one of the top rated shows worldwide. Moving to 10pm means more viewers would be timeshifting the show as well.

As of last week, it was the #3 most tivo'd television show, up from #4 the previous week. And that doesn't take into account all the non-tivo DVRs out there. (http://www3.tivo.com/tivo-tco/top25.do?show25=seasonpass) and #4 most bittorrented tv show (http://www.isohunt.com/).

Don't let all the hype fool you. They aren't comparing apples to apples.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Well I guess we should call Entertainment Weekly then.

My wife was reading he rissue last night when she stumbled across it.

IT said xx million viewed in at the beginning and by the mid point more than half had tuned out from the show.

I love the show but it is just going around in circles.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Well, like I said, some reporters just take the raw numbers (20 million vs 12.8 million) and make their conclusions for theie articles (designed, btw, to sell magazines - the more spin the better!). They don't take into consideration all of the factors. I actually think we've learned more in these last 3 episodes than in the rest of the 3 seasons combined! The entire show, however, is ABOUT the mystery. Once it's answered, it's over. The writers have to balance trying to keep the audience happy with trying to keep the show going. They simply can't give too much away too soon...

·
Registered
310 Posts
Ok, well for Monday, I was a little miffed that Jack went into the Russian consulate for essentially what could be a repeat of last year's Chinese storyline.

·
Registered
215 Posts
mitchl said:
Ok, well for Monday, I was a little miffed that Jack went into the Russian consulate for essentially what could be a repeat of last year's Chinese storyline.
agreed. but now it looks like they're just going to invade the whole place and clean up later 8)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts