GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like Steve Martin in "The Jerk": "The new phone books are in! The new phone books are in!" :blob:

On a whim, I just happened to check www.gmnavdisc.com for the latest Acadia disc today, and lo and behold a new part number appeared: 25880099.

The online system wouldn't let me order it for "free," so I called their toll-free number (877-NAV-DISC) and they allowed me to order it free. They gave me an order number, and said the disc is due to arrive in 4-7 business days.

Good luck, fellow Acadia nav owners!!! :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
What do you put in for a control number? I haven't received a post card, how long does that take after you receive the car?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could not order the disc for free using the online system. I tried to order online using my VIN--I didn't have or enter a control number, and I have not yet received a postcard (I think you are supposed get the postcard on the 1st and 2nd anniversaries of your purchase date). However, the only way I could find to order online was to pay $199. I ended up having to call the toll-free number to order the disc for free. :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
alright i am going to call right now
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
cool i have mine ordered and should be here in 4-7 days.

Thanks for the info i also ordered an update for my Yukon Xl nav system
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
I just ordered mine too. The guy said he just got off the phone with another Acadia owner. He told me the word must be out because he is getting so many calls. I told him to expect more because of This forum. He laughed and said he would be ready for us all!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Do I need to wait for the postcard or can I just call and give them my VIN and they will put me on the list for having recieved my first year update, leaving me with one more for the life of the vehicle?

What else do I need to have handy when I call besides a VIN number.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A-Rod said:
Do I need to wait for the postcard or can I just call and give them my VIN and they will put me on the list for having recieved my first year update, leaving me with one more for the life of the vehicle?

What else do I need to have handy when I call besides a VIN number.
No need to wait on your postcard. All I needed was my VIN and my address to get the free one shipped to me (via UPS Ground, btw).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
Thanks! She wanted to charge me the 200 bucks at first, but I gave her a little learning session. Lo and behold she came back and told me I had two free upgrades. Naw, really?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
Right on time...actually a few weeks early according to estimates posted on other threads. Operators must be standing by. I'll get right on it this evening...unless they are closed until tomorrow morning.

Patience is worth it. Our GMC'ers, Acadia7j100001 et al., have been so thorough, honest, and clear. ...and so many on this Board have given them such a hard time about the NAV system and disk.

Thanks to them!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
dchillrat said:
I just ordered mine too. The guy said he just got off the phone with another Acadia owner. He told me the word must be out because he is getting so many calls. I told him to expect more because of This forum. He laughed and said he would be ready for us all!
might of been me do you know his name

by the way hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. M-F
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
I ordered mine just now, very easy no problems at all, said this is the 1st of my 2 free updates.

Cant wait to get it to see if there are any fixes and changes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Is there any point to waiting for your first anniversary? My first anniversary will me next March. Chances are there won't be a newer version before then, so why wait?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
Hopefully who ever gets there update can give us a good summary of the changes or maybe disk will comes with changes documented (updated with the data from .......2006? or something)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
894 Posts
pete7919 said:
Is there any point to waiting for your first anniversary? My first anniversary will me next March. Chances are there won't be a newer version before then, so why wait?
Updates only come out in JUne/July
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
I just got off the phone with them and they said there is an update to my disk, but there is going to be a newer update in mid july so im gonna wait.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mkstretch said:
I just got off the phone with them and they said there is an update to my disk, but there is going to be a newer update in mid july so im gonna wait.
I don't think that information is correct--I think the discs are only updated once per year. When I ordered mine, the rep also said she thought a newer version was going to be released around the end of July and that I might want to wait before ordering. After I asked her to check on that, however, she put me on hold and asked her manager, and then came back and said that she was wrong and that this would be the only update for the year. Of course, ymmv.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Thanks to all of you on the forum for keeping us on our toes! I received a note from Acadia4VA-WV asking about the comment of a second "later" disc. I have confirmed with our NAV folks that there is no "later" disc coming in July for Outlook and Acadia. You will be confirmed by VIN as to what disc you need since GM has multiple Radio/Nav systems in vehicles...so it is possible that if you're in one of our other GM vehicles, you might get a different answer for availability of updates. This is the timing that I was promised (actually, as you've mentioned a bit earlier!) so, again, thanks for all your patience! I hope these resolve your issues...I've personally noticed the improvement, but also know that since the road system is under constant development, there may still be roads not shown on the system...the price of progress!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
acadia7j100001 said:
Thanks to all of you on the forum for keeping us on our toes! I received a note from Acadia4VA-WV asking about the comment of a second "later" disc. I have confirmed with our NAV folks that there is no "later" disc coming in July for Outlook and Acadia. You will be confirmed by VIN as to what disc you need since GM has multiple Radio/Nav systems in vehicles...so it is possible that if you're in one of our other GM vehicles, you might get a different answer for availability of updates. This is the timing that I was promised (actually, as you've mentioned a bit earlier!) so, again, thanks for all your patience! I hope these resolve your issues...I've personally noticed the improvement, but also know that since the road system is under constant development, there may still be roads not shown on the system...the price of progress!
Improvements in map accuracy or POI or??????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
If anyone from Raleigh NC gets a new Nav Disc, please let me know. If it shows the new section of I-540 in Raleigh that opened up in January, then I definitely want to get one! Otherwise, I will wait for the next update. I often drive from Raleigh to Greenville and I hate that the Nav shows that I am driving in the middle of nowhere!

I haven't posted in awhile because I've been too busy enjoying my Acadia! I still love the fact that I don't see too many. I see maybe one a week (carbon, red, silver or white). I still have not seen a gold, blue-gold, white diamond or brown on the road.
 
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Top