GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed how much attention you get while driving your Acadia?

I was parked at Walgreen's the other day waiting for my mother and this couple who pulled up got out of their car and couldn't stop staring. I think if I hadn't been sitting in the truck, they probably would have tried to look inside. ;D Other people who passed by also had their heads turned the whole time checking it out. I find that people on the road while I'm moving stare too. The Acadia sure is a beautiful truck! Hope it doesn't cause any accidents. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
oh yea same here every where i go people are lookin my wife finds people looking in when shopping yea its the envy of everyone. i just love it

·
Registered
185 Posts
for sure. and it's funny to see it being a large age group range too.

Especially with the 19" bling wheels ;D

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've definitely noticed - and I agree that it seems to be people of all ages.

The night I picked it up, I got stuck in a minor traffic jam. One car in the next lane with a few 20-something year olds in it practically stopped while they were checking it out. And I already posted a comment about a guy at Home Depot that was peeking in the window - he was prob in his 30's. And my neighbors were raving about it - they're in their 40's (but they won't admit it ;D )

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yes,
The looks are what got me considering it in the first place. I have avoided the whole SUV thing up to buying the Acadia but this was one crossover that seemed to crossover well!
Parked it out in front of the house the other day, lots of slowing down to look at it. ;D

·
Registered
200 Posts
WebRaven,

I don't know ...

I've seen your picture ... Are you SURE everyone's looking at the truck??

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:p

I'm 99.9% positive they were checking out the Acadia.

·
Registered
306 Posts
WebRaven,

With the Acadia and your date (Pin Head), you'll definitely get some looks!!

I assume "LA" was the one in California, not "Lower Alabama" as some of the Southerner's say.
Pin Head would definitely get some extra looks in Lower Alabama!

Thanks for helping to make the forum fun!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Less than 36 hours now and I'll be able to begin assessing "looks" and post what happens this weekend. I stil haven't seen one "on the road".

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those of you who have an Acadia on order must have a world of patience. OMG. I had to have one right then and there. LOL I wasn't leaving that dealership until they found me the Acadia I wanted at a price I could afford. I'd be clawing at the walls if I had to wait for one to be built and shipped to me. :eek:

Still haven't spotted any on the road other than my own.

·
Registered
58 Posts
That's not nice to make fun of us!

I was drooling on this parked Acadia I saw at Sears a few weeks ago, it was nice SLT-2, DVD, NAV, 19"s etc. (Yeah I checked it out!)
:p

I just hope that I will be the first one to own in my neighborhood (no sightings yet within 15-20 blocks).

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
C'mon now, I wasn't making fun of you. I was praising you for having so much patience!

Okay, now I feel like I should be checking my Acadia for drool on the outside every time I leave it alone. :p I already hate that I have to leave it alone at the train station during the week while I'm at work.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
My patience ran out after 6 weeks.

My dealer located a fully blown(almost) SLT-2 that I jumped on. Worth every penny.

I now park it outside my office window. It is on the street but I can at least watch it from my desk. My employees think I am crazy I guess when I stare out my window for a few minutes each day.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NY_Joe said:
I now park it outside my office window. It is on the street but I can at least watch it from my desk. My employees think I am crazy I guess when I stare out my window for a few minutes each day.
That made me laugh, but I can totally see myself doing the same thing. I wish I could have afforded a fully loaded Acadia. But on my income alone, not going to happen. Unless maybe I win the lottery...

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They say you have to play to win. LOL I suppose I should probably start playing. I did actually have a friend grab a couple quickpicks for me on that Mega Millions, but we didn't win.

New excuse to drive the Acadia... I'm going to go out and buy lottery tickets. ;D

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Well, it wasn't me. I bought 5 tickets and matched exactly ONE number. That's right, ONE number out of ALL five tickets! If I hit the big one, I'm randomly picking a member on here and buying them a fully loaded acadia! (and then you may never see me again as I head off to buy a small island) :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
I can't remember who said it here first, but it happened to me the other day while driving down the freeway........

Car came around to pass, then slowed down to check it out, then sped off.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
clsuper said:
I can't remember who said it here first, but it happened to me the other day while driving down the freeway........

Car came around to pass, then slowed down to check it out, then sped off.
. . . and you let it? :mad:

Kelly

1 - 20 of 111 Posts