GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share this with you in case no one's heard the same: I asked my dealer's service dept. about my tranny - he said, "Yeah, yours is updated. That's the way they are. We've coined them 'The Hunter' for that very reason" ! oh my. -J.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Can you explain what they mean by the hunter -- hunting for gears? That's what I was describing in a previous post about transmission sounds. So the updated version still has problems. I'm not happy with this type of noise being normal in a $40,000 2 month old vehicle.

·
Registered
614 Posts
You are probably correct because it "hunts" for what gear it should go into.
Our Acadia is a "hunter" as well, but that's because it's so well camouflaged that I haven't seen it in over a month.
(Day 32 and still waiting for repairs to be made.)

·
Registered
100 Posts
So where's the gminsider that sent me an email with my concerns about the transmission still not being right. If the dealers are starting to term it this way, do you think we're not all crazy or we all just used to driving four speeds?

·
Registered
812 Posts
got a "hunter" here too.... :help:

JasonM said:
So where's the gminsider that sent me an email with my concerns about the transmission still not being right. If the dealers are starting to term it this way, do you think we're not all crazy or we all just used to driving four speeds?
maybe they are afraid of getting pounded by transmission woes they are driving as fast as they can in their 4 speed foreign made car away from sane people here...... :eek:hno:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts