GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to post a few positive comments on the car. Too often people get overwhelmed reading complaints as I did when I was waiting for mine to be built. The reality is that people like to complain but when things go smoothly, well thats what we expect right? The reality for me after a couple months of ownership is that the car is fantastic. It was no small accomplishment to a make vehicle with such great interior cargo and passenger room and make it look and feel sporty. Having owned a Sequoia in the past, although have no complaints at all about functionality, it was not what I would call sporty or overly attractive. All options on the Acadia have worked flawlessly so far. The remote start, power lift gate, hud, and even the Onstar turn by turn have been perfect. The seats have been extremely comfortable and as someone with a lower back that never seems happy in a vehicle, my back is happy in my Acadia. The kids love the space in the back seats and the entertainment system has worked perfectly. I love all the storage space, particularly the center console and even the added little storage area on the dash. The car so far has been so enjoyable my wife is getting ready to order an Enclave, and she really had no plans on getting a new car anytime soon, but she loves the Acadia so much she has decided not to wait. Don't let the negative comments on here get in the way of what is a absolutely fantastic vehicle. If I have issues down the road I will post them too, but just wanted say that at this point I could not be any happier with a vehicle then I am with this Acadia.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You're absolutely right! I've had my Acadia for only 3 weeks and aside from a few flaws (all mentioned on the forum many times) I am extremely happy. Traded my Toyota Highlander Limited and took a big hit on the trade in value compared to KBB and Edmunds values. Gas mileage is just about the same as the HL which is much lighter and smaller. Storage can't be beat. The Ming Blue color with Ebony interior pleased my better half and I've even grown fond of that. The negative complaints certainly help with research and give GM a chance to make improvements, GM feedback on this forum has been helpful. We have never had a problem with warranty service on our numerous GM vehicles. Had one problem DTS in 2003 but the guys in service corrected problems promptly. :cheers:To GM and the Triplets.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I agree. All too often the virtues go unmentioned, so here's my two cents worth......

The car is incredibly comfortable to drive in almost every aspect you can think of. Easy entry and egress. The shape and cushioning of the driver seating is extremely comfy. Between the power seating and tilt/telescoping wheel, finding a comfortable driving position is a snap. The cabin feels spacious. Controls are all ergonomically convenient and well marked. The steering is taught and precise and turns are much neater than you would imagine from a vehicle weighing in at almost 5000 lbs. with little, if any, body lean. The ride is smooth as silk.

Speaking of ride, GMC's advertising proclaims that it is made to ride like a luxury car. I don't know about that because I've never really owned a real luxury car. But, with that said, I can say with confidence that within my own personal experience, the ride in the Acadia is unrivaled when compared to anything else I've ever owned (across a broad spectrum of makes/models/body styles).

After three months of enjoying the comfortable seating, spaciousness, smooth ride and wonderful road manners I have in the Acadia, I feel that it truly is my first foray into the "luxury" segment. :sunny:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thanks for this thread - I have been out of town and then really sick and this is my first time reading again and trying to get back on track with my Acadia love affair. I was getting discouraged. This is just what I needed!! You are all awesome!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
dolphin said:
You're absolutely right! I've had my Acadia for only 3 weeks and aside from a few flaws (all mentioned on the forum many times) I am extremely happy. Traded my Toyota Highlander Limited and took a big hit on the trade in value compared to KBB and Edmunds values. Gas mileage is just about the same as the HL which is much lighter and smaller. Storage can't be beat. The Ming Blue color with Ebony interior pleased my better half and I've even grown fond of that. The negative complaints certainly help with research and give GM a chance to make improvements, GM feedback on this forum has been helpful. We have never had a problem with warranty service on our numerous GM vehicles. Had one problem DTS in 2003 but the guys in service corrected problems promptly. :cheers:To GM and the Triplets.
Sorry to hear you took such a hit on your Highlander. That should not have happened. When I traded my Highlander in 2004 for my Volvo I got well above KBB "Excellent" rating for it as well as 6k off MSRP during Volvo's annual year end blow out sale. Mind you, I tend to put low miles on my cars and keep them in absolute show room condition. When I just tried to trade my Volvo in for an Acadia the GMC dealer offered me $16,000 for it against the Acadia at MSRP. High KBB was $21,200. I ended up getting $23,000 for it on a new 2008 RX350 that I could drive home the same day instead of the 10 week wait. I think your dealer won. But still, the Acadia is a lot of vehicle for the money and rides and drives like a luxury car. Definitely a superior ride quality compared to the Highlander. I'm starting to see Acadias everywhere lately and they still catch my eye. Great looks! Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
122 Posts
rudykizuty said:
I agree. All too often the virtues go unmentioned, so here's my two cents worth......

The car is incredibly comfortable to drive in almost every aspect you can think of. Easy entry and egress. The shape and cushioning of the driver seating is extremely comfy. Between the power seating and tilt/telescoping wheel, finding a comfortable driving position is a snap. The cabin feels spacious. Controls are all ergonomically convenient and well marked. The steering is taught and precise and turns are much neater than you would imagine from a vehicle weighing in at almost 5000 lbs. with little, if any, body lean. The ride is smooth as silk.

Speaking of ride, GMC's advertising proclaims that it is made to ride like a luxury car. I don't know about that because I've never really owned a real luxury car. But, with that said, I can say with confidence that within my own personal experience, the ride in the Acadia is unrivaled when compared to anything else I've ever owned (across a broad spectrum of makes/models/body styles).

After three months of enjoying the comfortable seating, spaciousness, smooth ride and wonderful road manners I have in the Acadia, I feel that it truly is my first foray into the "luxury" segment. :sunny:
I have owned luxury cars and I will back up your claim. For a number of reasons, explained elsewhere, I ended up passing on the Acadia and going to a Lexus SUV. But you are certainly correct. The Acadia does drive and ride as good and even better than many luxury cars. The only real difference is that a luxury version would have very expensive interior trim and more expensive components throughout. I think the ride quality of the Acadia, especially with the 18" tires is nothing short of amazing. I wonder how GM pulled that off. I don't think you can find a SUV or CUV with a better ride quality. The Volvo XC90 is the only one I know of that is very close but that is mainly due to it's excellent seats.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Tom H said:
rudykizuty said:

I have owned luxury cars and I will back up your claim. For a number of reasons, explained elsewhere, I ended up passing on the Acadia and going to a Lexus SUV. But you are certainly correct. The Acadia does drive and ride as good and even better than many luxury cars. The only real difference is that a luxury version would have very expensive interior trim and more expensive components throughout. I think the ride quality of the Acadia, especially with the 18" tires is nothing short of amazing. I wonder how GM pulled that off. I don't think you can find a SUV or CUV with a better ride quality. The Volvo XC90 is the only one I know of that is very close but that is mainly due to it's excellent seats.
I don't know for sure how they pulled it off. I know that in my wife's Envoy, GMC installed Bilstein suspension components, whereas it's siblings in the Chevrolet (Trailblazer) and now defunct Isuzu and Oldsmobile (last generation Bravada) lines used standard GM components. The Bilstein suspension was listed right on the Envoy's sticker and when we test drove several of the models mentioned, the GMC's ride stood out from the pack.

However, I have not seen, heard or read anything similar to that with regard to the Acadia.

Thanks for the reassuring reply. It's much appreciated. :thumb:

·
Registered
65 Posts
We are spending the summer in a campground in Moses Lake, WA where there is no GMC dealer (or Buick or Saturn either). Many people stop to look at our Acadia and some ask questions about it. And everybody who rides with us loves it and offer s numerous (and repeated) praise for its smoothness, quiet, oodles of space (even in the back seats), nice styling, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.