GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a real bum view LOL.

I guess I should take some better pics that aren't all grainey that will teach me to take shots at dusk and fiddle with the settings on teh camera LOL. Mind you you can't even see the leading edge tape that is on the tailgate. It runs the length of the bottom between the ACADIA and BRIANFINCH nametags and just above the tail lights and across the top of the rear spoiler. We have also used it on the black sections on the door pillars and inside the indents for the door handles.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey, that tape you mentioned, is that to prevent chipping paint on the door edges? If so, where do you get it? I coaxed my dealer into letting me use a demo for 4 days and I noticed it had tape on the edges of the 4 doors. It was a sweet ride, I was sad to give it back.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alphadog1 said:
Hey, that tape you mentioned, is that to prevent chipping paint on the door edges? If so, where do you get it? I coaxed my dealer into letting me use a demo for 4 days and I noticed it had tape on the edges of the 4 doors. It was a sweet ride, I was sad to give it back.
One of my friends wors for 3M so I get it for free you should be able to find it or request it from automotive shops around your area. Just do a search for 3M leading edge tape.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A better shot of the back.

A closeup of the clear 3M tape we applied to the liftgate.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Looks great, eh? Love the colour!!! Looks like you had the windows etched?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Looks great, eh? Love the colour!!! Looks like you had the windows etched?
Actually the dealership does the etching on all the cars they sell so we didn't even have to ask about it. They do it on all new and used vehicles they sell. Also yes the colour is the cats @ss LOL...

·
Registered
14 Posts
DSNY,
It had been a while since I surfed the site, so I was excited to finally see your new ride. Still love your color choice. I guess the challenge for you now will be to keep it looking so clean through the winter months up there. I'll be taking my Acadia up to Virginia in a month for the holidays (her first trip out of Florida), so I'm curious how yours did on the cross-country drive, mileage, XM signal, control on the highway, etc?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dmajr said:
DSNY,
It had been a while since I surfed the site, so I was excited to finally see your new ride. Still love your color choice. I guess the challenge for you now will be to keep it looking so clean through the winter months up there. I'll be taking my Acadia up to Virginia in a month for the holidays (her first trip out of Florida), so I'm curious how yours did on the cross-country drive, mileage, XM signal, control on the highway, etc?
It did very well we averaged 18+ MPG in the mtns in Tenn with the trailer in tow and 24 MPG in teh flat sections with the trailer attached. The XM signal only faded when going through tunnels or in heavily treed areas in the MTNS. It was a dream on the highway we just set the cruise and were on our way we didn't even notice the trailer behind us while towing. I think I have some pics posted on here of the truck with the trailer hooked up to it and some of the stops we made. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. We left home with 480 kilometers on teh truck and came home with over 6000 kilometers on it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
your turn signals are cool. i forgot that in every other country the turn has to be a seperate color. i wanna upgrade now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts