GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking around on the forums I found several threads about aftermarket wheels, so in an effort to stop repeat threads i want to make one thread to post pics and info about wheels for the Acadia. This is what I've got so far. The first two are 22''s and the last two are 20''s. If anyone else adds a set of aftermarket wheels please post your pics here :cheers:
Thanks Tom

Attachments

Reactions: Garrison

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have made some formatting changes to help make this post easier on the eyes...3/8/08
I think I have these correct, but the owners should correct me if I am wrong. :cheers:

Medium Brown Acadia
Wheel info: Diablo D100 (Custom Drilled)
Size: 22x9.5
Offset: +45
Tire: 285/40/22
Brand: Falken Ziez S/TZ-04

White Acadia
Wheel info: Zinik Shogun
Size: 22x9.5
Offset: +40
Tire: 285/40/22
Brand: Falken Ziez S/TZ-04

Red Jewel Acadia
Wheel info: Zyoxx X9
Size: 20x8.5
Tire: 275/45/20 (Note proper plus sizing should be 275/50[/color]/20)...see thread here http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1804.0
Brand: General UHP Grabber

Ocean Mist Outlook
Wheel info: Alba AL780 Remix
Size: 20x8.5
Tire: 285/50/20
Brand: Yokohama Parada Spec-X

·
Registered
812 Posts
the best thread in the site!!!!! :thumb: only there is less contributors....
love the Outlook!!!!

Reactions: Garrison

·
Registered
403 Posts
I love the little gray swirl on the side of that red Acadia, sharp!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Moose780 said:
Here are my set of 22's. They are made by D'VINCI wheels and the model is the LOX. They were custom drilled for the Acadia and are running 285/40s.
wooooh! veri veri veri nyc!!! chrome wheels really make the white color stand out, veri sharp looking.. how much did you pay overall? hows the ride with the 22's?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. Our summers are short up here in the Great White North so we have to make most of the sunny days we have. All the the better reason to put new wheels on for the summer months. The ride is noticeably stiffer but corners much sharper. The retail for the wheels and tires with mounting and balancing are about $5600 canadian dollars, but don't forget to pony up another $370 for the tire pressure monitors. Otherwise, you would have to look at an annoying red light on your dash and I couldn't do that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It cost approx. $370 canadian funds for all four tire pressure monitors. I went with the GM brand. I have heard that there are some aftermarket ones available for the Acadia as well.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Moose780 said:
Thanks for the compliment. Our summers are short up here in the Great White North so we have to make most of the sunny days we have. All the the better reason to put new wheels on for the summer months. The ride is noticeably stiffer but corners much sharper. The retail for the wheels and tires with mounting and balancing are about $5600 canadian dollars, but don't forget to pony up another $370 for the tire pressure monitors. Otherwise, you would have to look at an annoying red light on your dash and I couldn't do that.
thanks for the info... ;D keep these rim shiny!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice Job! I want 19" chrome rims so I don't have to buy new tires. My wife's 08 just came in and I was hoping she could live with the stock 19 inchers, but no dice. I do not want to pay GM's accessory division prices so I am desperate for another vendor. Does anyone know of a source yet? I have tried several local shops and online with no luck.

·
Registered
101 Posts
"Does anyone know the factory offset?"

Both the 18's and 19's are +50mm.

"$370 for the tire pressure monitors"

The part number is #10394110, which lists for $60.40/ea, but they're discounted to $31.41/ea at http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/

edit...the nut is #15242789...list $5.30/ea, but discounted to $3.14...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow that was much cheaper than what I paid for the sensors. Make sure when you do order the sensors you also purchase the necessary mounting nuts that go on the ouside of the wheel on the sensor.

·
Registered
683 Posts
For those of you that have upgraded already I have a few questions.

1. Do you plan to keep the 20's or 22's on all season long? I suppose the point of my question is only relevant to those that get snowfall...

2. What brand/model tires are each of you running? And how would you rate them on noise level, ride harshness, and wet traction?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but I'm still liking the GM 19" ultra bright rims the best. I dunno, they look solid and masculine, and not so pimpy. It's possible I'm biased though. ;D

·
Registered
533 Posts
Wow, those look great! And I love the combo of the chrome wheels on the Blue/Gold metalic with the custom grill. Sweet ride!

·
Registered
207 Posts
imgntht said:
Medium Brown: 22x9.5, 285/40/22, offset +45
White: Need Info still
Red Jewel: 20x__, 275/45/20, offset ____ (Note proper plus sizing should be 275/50[/color]/20)...see thread here http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1804.0
Ocean Mist: 20x8.5, 285/50/20, offset ____
I've been researching tire/wheels (and yes I overanalyze everything) so I can help a little on our list.

white: 22x9.5, offset +40
Ocean Mist: 20x8.5, offset +40

1 - 20 of 111 Posts