GMC Acadia Forum banner

Are you having this problem with your Acadia?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• N/A

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to give it a wash.

Remote didn;t work.  Tried the other.  NOTHING!!

Opened manually. Turned the key.  NOTHING!!!!!

Now the key won't come backpast the ACC point.

Beyond pissed.  It's going to be any ugly morning.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Man Joe...sorry to hear about that. Please let us know what happened, OK.

I'd check w/ the dealer about the recall on the airbag...make sure that got fixed. I would think with your build-date you would be OK...but who knows.

Mine is being delivered at the end of the month and I'm not taking delivery until I know for sure that the Tranny and Airbag issues were done at the factory.

Maybe you can try the jumper attachements in the engine bay and let us know how that goes.

Good luck w/it. Feeling your pain.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
You poor thing!! There is NOTHING like a dead car. I hope you weren't in a hurry to go some where!

When you turned the key, you weren't able to unlock it? That's kinda scarey.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Wow! Sorry to hear about that Joe! Good luck and keep us updated!

Adam

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jumpers worked.

Talked to service. they never did airbag sensor or tranny recall.

Going now

·
Registered
492 Posts
That sucks :(

But you have now joined the HJAOC "Had to Jump the Acadia Off Club"

Me-tailgating way to long= dead battery

·
Registered
119 Posts
NY_Joe said:
Jumpers worked.

Talked to service. they never did airbag sensor or tranny recall.
I think I read elsewhere that the airbag sensor issue is a recall because it was keeping a continual drain on the battery. Is that correct? So it sounds like a drained battery and nothing worse, hopefully.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That truly sucks!!!

I went into my dealership the other day to get another look at the Acadia and sure enough, the battery was dead in the floor model. I couldn't do ANYTHING. Not even manaully unlock the liftgate to open it. I sure hope this isn't a problem.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I had that happen to me at the dealership I bought my Acadia from. They were going to give me a test drive but when the salesman went to start it, oops, wouldn't start. I assumed it was sitting on the floor and from not being run the battery went dead or maybe it wasn't charged at the factory. Either way, they brought out the machine, cranked it up and off we went.

The next day it was gone, sold. (Silver Metalic). I bought mine a few days later, 2/17. So far no problems with the battery on mine.

·
Registered
492 Posts
luvmyacadia said:
I had that happen to me at the dealership I bought my Acadia from. They were going to give me a test drive but when the salesman went to start it, oops, wouldn't start. I assumed it was sitting on the floor and from not being run the battery went dead or maybe it wasn't charged at the factory. Either way, they brought out the machine, cranked it up and off we went.

The next day it was gone, sold. (Silver Metalic). I bought mine a few days later, 2/17. So far no problems with the battery on mine.
Same thing here. Now I know why they left it running while I signed papers and transfered stuff from the trade in.

·
Registered
261 Posts
At least I have AAA, and it comes with OnStar so thats a little comforting if there is a problem. And aren't we lucky that the NAV system has all the GMC locations as a POI so at least we know how far we are away from a new battery if we need one. I guess thats if we can get started and get over to one.

·
Registered
259 Posts
My heart stopped when I read this! Thank goodness is was just the drained battery from not having the airbag recall done! Whew... Did OnStar ultimately unlock your doors for you?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I was going to say oops screwed that one up but I have OnStar in my cell phones so hopefully there would be service, although I guess the same applies to OnStar even if the battery is not dead. Still need to have service.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I can see how you could contact them via phone and get emergency service, but I don't think that they could remotely unlock your doors if the vehicle is dead

·
Registered
497 Posts
Joe,
So sorry to hear that. Glad it's pretty easy to revive a dead battery.

Interesting, my Acadia was delivered to us yesterday morning. I had asked about the recalls before they left Columbus, OH, for Falls Church, VA, and they said that it was dealership policy to perform all recalls, TSBs, etc. on every vehicle on the lot before sale.

What a great car it is. A few pics coming soon.
Bob

·
Registered
183 Posts
A note on OnStar - I did the unthinkable and actually read the manual (gasp!) and it turns out they can only unlock the car for you for up to 48 hours. After that, the OnStar in the car must 'turn off' to conserve the battery. So, if you park it somewhere for a few days and only then realize that you locked your keys in the car, then they will NOT be able to unlock your doors, and they'll have to dispatch a local locksmith to help you out.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Good point. I guess AAA or OnStar would call or send a locksmith to get the vehicle opened. AAA would do it for nothing, I think but I guess you might have to pay for the OnStar referral unless it turned out there was something wrong with the vehicle and then maybe you would get reimbursed. Just a guess on my part, not sure what the warranty actually provides.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Posting from the waiting room. Been here 2 hours. They had to fully charge the battery to do the recall.

No draws were found and now they will do the recalls.

Sorry to scare as if the acadia was involved in something. *gasp*

As for onstar it was dead. Once started I called dom the car and they can't diagnose electric issues and there would no code for a battery draw.

Still waiting.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey Joe...out of curiosity...when was the last time you drove it? Friday? The last time you drove it do you think it was far enough to fully recharge the battery?...ie...other than down the street to the neighbors and back 15 times to let all the jealous people get a closer look?

Please let us know what happened.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts