GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was some weird pollen or something in the air in Arkansas that coated EVERYTHING with a light golden mist. My Acadia looked like a Red Jewel trying to disguise itself as a Gold Mist.

My son snapped a picture while we were driving up to pick him up. You wouldn't know that my Acadia was dirtier than all get-out by looking at this picture... except maybe the hood. You can see a little of the pollen coating on the hood.

It seems to hide dirt well when looking at it from a distance. ;D And, I had that "Protector" package applied to my paint. I was told it would make it easier to clean bugs off. IT WORKED. With nothing but a cloth and a bucket of plain cold water, I was able to clean all of the bugs off the front of my Acadia in just a few minutes.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
the protector actually worked?? hmm....I turned it down @ the dealership, mostly because I didn't know a lot about it....you'll have to let us know how it seems to hold up over time!

·
Registered
246 Posts
If it is the same protection package GM has offered in the past, then it works really well.
I had a 04 GMC Canyon with the paint protection package, and some jerk spaypainted
the side of my truck one halloween. :angryfire: Noticed it about 1/2 hr later, when the paint was dry,
but it all came off with just a sponge and a bucket of water. I was most impressed with the
paint protection package. Can't say the same about the jerk who painted my truck :soapbox:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I talked my dealer into throwing in the protector. It works great so far....had a bird dare to drop on it and it came right off with a kleenex just barely touching it. No mark left.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have been reading the site about the pros and cons on protection packages. I am still undecided. My Acadia is silver and will be used everyday and left out side. Sorry, but no room in the garage and my wifes Mercedes has first dibs if we every get the garage cleaned out. Anyway, I am tempted under these conditions to opt for the additional protection. We both have white colored vehicles that were purchased new with protection packages. White is an easy color to maintain, but they still look good. Even my 1999 Mazda B4000, which never spent a day inside, looks good after over 7 years.

Maybe I answered my own question.

·
Registered
497 Posts
And how much does such a protection package cost for an Acadia?

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Acadia4VA-WV said:
And how much does such a protection package cost for an Acadia?
It started out as $1,695, but they had a "special" going for $995. I hemmed and hawwed about it a little longer and was then told I could get it for $795. I had this protector package done before on my '03 Vue, which was black, and it worked very well when removing the tar from the road that ended up sprayed all over the vehicle. They tell you it also increases the resale value... which I believe it did - I got higher than bluebook on my '03 when I traded it in.

For $795, they did the paint protection, undercoating, sound-deadening and interior protection. It has a 10 year warranty. I'd have to pull out the paperwork to give you what exactly the warranty covers... I know on the interior it covers any stains that won't come out. I think on the exterior it covers any discoloration from say bird poop, etc. It definitely makes it a lot easier to clean bugs and grime off the vehicle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts