GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say thanks for the wealth of information on this website I used to make my car buying decision. I have agonized over this purchase for weeks now, and really wanted to purchase an Acadia because of the looks and room and a multitude of other things. But in the end, purchased and Acura MDX. I just got rid of a Surburban that had so many problems in the 4 years I owned it, that I was really leary of another GM product, especially a new model. They number of postings regarding problems with the Acadia was too scary for me. Maybe one day I will come back for a GMC, just not now.
Thanks again
Lee

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
That is what these forums are for. Hope the new car is as good as most of us Acadia owners are experiencing. I can see if you had problems with Chevy and zeroed in on the negatives with Acadia, you'd want to try another auto maker. Nature of the beast. Good Luck.
MDX is kinda small?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Best of luck with your MDX, it looks like a nice vehicle. When I was searching, I didn't even really look much at the MDX because it was above the price range I was looking at.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It seems as if the 2003 Suburban's were a very bad year. It was strange to read about the battery drain issue for the Acadia, I had the same issue with my suburban. Ended up being stranded by it 3 times in the first year of ownership with the vehicle having to be towed to the dealer. The final straw had to be when the AC unit drainage line malfunctioned causing water=mold. Some of the Acadia problems were just too close to home. O2, 04 ok, just unfortunately not my year. I agree the MDX is smaller, but meets my needs. I also ended up getting it for what I would have paid for comperably equiped Acadia, drove to Houston and saved over 6000 from the price my local dealer would accept for the Acura. I highly recommend the competitive Houston car market if it is within driving distance for you.
Lee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts