GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

i have been reading posts on this forum for several weeks. my '04 envoy slt was just fine transportation and was kind of nice. it needed new tires and at 62K was nearing the end of the extended warranty. so i was looking for another vehicle. thank you all for your excellent contributions and advice about the acadia!

there have been so many positive comments about the acadia that i just bought a slt2 carbon black metallic : )

fully loaded with nav, backup camera, 19" wheels etc : )

i just love it already (not even 24 hours yet). took some time to figure out some of the features, and i am only 1/2 through the owners manual. it is right in front of me : )

next i will need to figure out the nav/radio system... it is cool just watching the navigation screen : ) ... but i do need to understand how it works - i did get some stations preset : ) well, it will be just so much fun to learn how to use the touch screen : ) i will read that manual tomorrow : )

thanks again to everyone - your posts have been very helpful and i am very pleased with my new acadia slt2 : )

if anyone has any questions, i will do my best to answer them : )

Happy Weekend Everyone!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not really sure how to post pictures... i have a rather poor quality cell phone picture, and it is on my computer now, i just don't know how to post it...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Congratulations, I hope you really enjoy your new Acadia. They are outstanding vehicles. :cheers: Erik

·
Registered
730 Posts
yet another happy owner :cheers:
congrats

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just finished the owners manual, now ready to tackle the navigation manual : )

i was not aware this vehicle came with both the ultrasonic parking assist AND the backup camera... thought is was just the camera... way cool : )

i have got a couple small jpgs to show everyone, just not sure how to post them...

now that i am getting used to the acadia, i love it even more. handles great, looks AWESOME!

i was not going to get XM subscription, i already have sirius for boat and cabin, but seeing how well XM integrates into the HUD and the touchscreen, i will get a subscription when the free trial is over... in northern wi, there aren't alot of radio stations anyway : ) well, i can make up excuses, but the integration and song titles coming up on the HUD are too cool to pass up :cheers:

all in all, this vehicle is better than the 99 vette i used to own. (well, not in handling or performance) but overall much more useful and great looking in a different way than the vette. i highly recommend this vehicle. :thumb: i hope it is reliable... time will tell

·
Registered
362 Posts
dbo211 said:
i have got a couple small jpgs to show everyone, just not sure how to post them...
When you post, click on the "Additional Options..." link below the text box. It will let you browse to your images. Post 'em!!!

i was not going to get XM subscription, i already have sirius for boat and cabin, but seeing how well XM integrates into the HUD and the touchscreen, i will get a subscription when the free trial is over... in northern wi, there aren't alot of radio stations anyway : ) well, i can make up excuses, but the integration and song titles coming up on the HUD are too cool to pass up :cheers:
I don't have the exact link but search for "$77". People have been using a promotional code to get their XM subscription for $77 for a year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the help :D

i will try to post pictures later this evening!

you will love your new vehicle!!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Regarding the $77 XM subscription. I didn't listen to it enough to justify subscribing, so I let it lapse in June when my 3 months was up. Just this week, I got a postcard from XM offering the $77 deal. There was no promotion code, it just said to call with my radio number.

·
Registered
180 Posts
It seems to me that my XM displayed songs titles on my HUD when I first got it. I've apparently messed around with something so that it is not doing it anymore. It does display the channel briefly when I change them, maybe that's all it ever did and I'm confused.

Any enlightenment would be appreciated! Erik

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello Erik,

since i have been learning about my acadia all day basically, i think i can help. you have xm service right? if so, you need to look to the right of the steering wheel. that is where the up and down arrows are to position the HUD. in the middle of those arrows is the way to change the "page" displayed. mine shows speed, temp, gear and briefly xm info. if this does not help, there might be something with the DIC that needs to be changed. i don't think so, but could be...let me know if this helped, otherwise i will do some more reading to try to help.

cold weather this evening in northern WI so this is a good night for me to read the nav/radio manual : )

Happy Weekend everyone : )

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks, it sounds like mine is working properly then. I appreciate the quick response.

It's going to be in the 50's here in Central Ohio tonight, feels like football weather! Thanks again, Erik

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
you are very welcome : )

too cold to seadoo or boat today, so spent lots of time in the acadia learning and driving : )

happy weekend!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.