GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I want to thank the organizers of this forum, and all the contributors, for a first class operation - this has been very helpful in our research leading up to our purchase of our Acadia.

Yes, we did get one. After our 16 yr old totaled the GMC Safari, we needed a new family vehicle (4 kids, 3 > 6'). We were intrigued by the Acadia, but shopped around a lot first to make sure. As I said, reading this forum was a big confirmation for our ultimate decision.

Some points to note:
First, I am lucky enough to work for a company that is a supplier to GM, so I can basically get GM employee price (about $2000 off of MSRP). However not all Chicago-land dealers will honor this, since it's a hot vehicle. Also, since I drive an Infiniti, I was eligible for $1000 incentive - again, subject to dealer whim.

The key to this whole thing is the **fantastic** web presence that GM has. As with other GM cars we have bought, we were able to search dealer inventories, even look at window stickers, to find available cars equipped with what we wanted. Ultimately, we found "our" vehicle at a dealership 85 miles SW of our house (in Peru IL, a farm town 115 miles from Chicago). We called them, confirmed they would honor the GM supplier plan and the "non-GM owner" $1000 incentive, told them to write it up, and drove down there. We were in the dealership less than 45 minutes, and, other than some very reasonably mild pressure on the extended warranty (declined), had an absolutely wonderful buying experience.

So what are the particulars on our score? Red Jewel with the titanium leather interior, SLT1 trim level with the convenience package (park assist, remote start, and power tailgate), DVD player, and towing package. We have had it for 10 days, took our first road trip (to Green Bay) and we absolutely love it.

Thanks again for this forum, and keep on sharing!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Enjoy your new Acadia.

Just a note on the extended warranty. There was no pressure from the dealership where I bought the Acadia. I was told that I had up to 1 year to get it. If you go over a year to get it the price goes up.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
hillis06 - congrats on your Acadia purchase. I'd also like to comment on the unusually high number of us on here that have both an Acadia and an Infiniti G35. I guess good taste in cars runs rampant on here! I'm also very glad to hear that this forum helped you decide to buy an Acadia. It's good to know we're having a positive effect in spreading the word on this amazing vehicle!

·
Registered
119 Posts
hillis06,

Yours sounds just like the one I have on order, except mine is deep blue. Congrats on your purchase. Every day is a day closer for me, and I'll soon share your enjoyment personally.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts