GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do this test,
1. exit the vehicle, lock it using the door switch. wait for the horn to confirm lock.
2. use the remote start.
3. unlock the door with remote.
4. enter vehicle, as normal, insert key.
5. prepare to drive.

now,
does the driver door controls work? window, lock, mirrors?
does the driver side door lock, if you set it to autolock?

I've been to the dealer several times because it started with the drivers door lock won't on occasion automatically lock/unlock like the others when put into drive. it works fine at the dealers. after the first repair/flash the whole control unit wouldn't work sometimes, on the second repair/flash the auto up on drivers window doesn't work plus the whole control is intermediate. With my acadia those steps mentioned, I've been able to recreate the problem, just want to know if it's only me or anyone else.
thanks

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
paoylin1 said:
Do this test,
1. exit the vehicle, lock it using the door switch. wait for the horn to confirm lock.
2. use the remote start.
3. unlock the door with remote.
4. enter vehicle, as normal, insert key.
5. prepare to drive.

now,
does the driver door controls work? window, lock, mirrors?
YES
paoylin1 said:
does the driver side door lock, if you set it to autolock?
YES
paoylin1 said:
I've been to the dealer several times because it started with the drivers door lock won't on occasion automatically lock/unlock like the others when put into drive. it works fine at the dealers. after the first repair/flash the whole control unit wouldn't work sometimes, on the second repair/flash the auto up on drivers window doesn't work plus the whole control is intermediate. With my acadia those steps mentioned, I've been able to recreate the problem, just want to know if it's only me or anyone else.
thanks
Don't give up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks,
now when I take it back to the dealer, I can show them what's wrong and tell them it's not normal and they don't all do that.....

anyone else try?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm waking this thread up because I've started to have locking issues. I've noticed that sometimes my doors do not autounlock when put in park, which they always have and should. A few days ago I wondered why my alarm when off when I opened my door but now I'd have to assume that it was because either my door never locked or unlocked when I tried to use my fob. Tonight when I tried to unlock with my fob (I've tried both), the right side of my car remained locked but the driver side unlocked just fine. The driver side lock/unlock did nothing to any of the doors but I could hear the relay clicking. Right now my fob doesn't lock or unlock any of my doors so I'm hoping that it's the door lock fuse. Has anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Check the harness between the door and pillar (the one covered in rubber). Pull the rubber from the door side and check for open circuits.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Today the car is fine. I'll check the harness as soon as I have a chance. We're supposed to have bad weather here today and tomorrow.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I checked the harness and it seemed okay to me. I have service scheduled this week for this door un/locking issue. In addition, I couldn't close my tailgate this past week (the center console button luckily worked) so they're going to look at that as well.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
jajogega said:
I checked the harness and it seemed okay to me. I have service scheduled this week for this door un/locking issue. In addition, I couldn't close my tailgate this past week (the center console button luckily worked) so they're going to look at that as well.
Electrical bugs :banghead:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I know it's been a while since the last post on this subject, but my Acadia is at the dealership right now with this exact issue.

Was there any resolution to this issue? Any information would be appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts