GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to our local dealership because online it showed that they had an Acadia with Navigation. We said we wanted to test drive it but the manager was driving it himself so at 5:00 pm it wasn't available to test drive. We had to do a low end acadi with only the DVD Entertainment system with its option. At least it had leather seats.

Yes the transmission getting onto the highway was sluggish and unresponsive. the seats sees REALLY cheap compared to what I thought too. and I really didn't like the rails for the second row seats.. I was super excited about this car and my feeling have maybe come down on it from where it was The interior really isn't near as nice as the exterior.

anyway. Thats not the point of this pst since its in the buying and leasing section. I found it odd that I knew more than the salesman about the car. (ITS HIS JOB!!) He also couldn't give me quote after I waited 20 minutes for it. He cam back 5 miutes later and I told him that I need a quote to consider buying the car from them. 5 minutes later he came back and old me that I should go home get online put in my options (which I told him and he wrote down in the store) and bring them back and that would help them enter in the options to get me a quote. - He clained by law to give a quote they have to do a credit check. I doubt that. I have received two online from other dealers with out that. He also told me that what is on the car is what price they sell for (MSRP). Basically they have NO chance now in getting my business. Although for fun I am going to use a site that shows invoice price to build out the car and take it in to him as he told me to do. they will be working with invoice price to give a quote and then I will mention that I have supplier discount I would like to you too. Hopefully that works. Eitehrway. We are pretty much discounting them now unless something wild occurs and we will continue talking to other dealers. What a crazy experience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
I would go to a different dealer.

The first Acadia I saw was a Carbon/Titanium SLE with nothing on it. While I fell in love with the exterior - I thought the interior wasn't that great. The next day I drove 30 miles away and saw a Carbon/Titanium SLT-1. The difference was night & day!!!! I thought the interior was gorgeous! I would have bought that one, but I needed Navigation & the Trailering pkg.

Look around for another dealer with an SLT-1 or SLT-2 that you can see.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
894 Posts
It blows my mind what a$$holes some dealers are.

Why would they scare away businesslike that?!?!?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,164 Posts
Parrothead hskr said:
- He clained by law to give a quote they have to do a credit check.
That is the biggest bunch of :bs: I've heard lately. Post the name of the dealership if you feel comfortable doing so - they've earned the right to be thrown under the bus!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
loach said:
Parrothead hskr said:
- He clained by law to give a quote they have to do a credit check.
That is the biggest bunch of :bs: I've heard lately. Post the name of the dealership if you feel comfortable doing so - they've earned the right to be thrown under the bus!
Well I don't know if dealerships are okay to mention or not on here so I'll be generic about it. Its a dealer in south Kansas City on the Kansas side. I did build the car out on the internet like they asked me to do. With invoice $ ammounts :). I'll take that to them this weekend as we are on our way to other dealers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
What a scumbag! :angryfire: It's people like that that give car salesmen/women a bad rep. It's also why I always have my guard up anytime I'm talking to someone about buying a car. Can't trust anybody these days....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
My experience in buying 54 cars is that many car salesmen are fair and honest. . .
but that does leaves those who are less so.

Reminds me of an old adage about lawyers. . .
95% of lawyers give the other 5% a bad name!

(A lawyer friend told me that one!)

Keep smiling!

002
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
I does suck when YOU know more than they do about the vehicle. I was telling him what it had and what it didn't. The negotiating part was kind of fun and a good thing my wife wasn't in the room because explitives were flying, Especially after he told me he wasn't going to show me invoice on it. We got it all settled after that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
kjf said:
002 said:
Reminds me of an old adage about lawyers. . .
95% of lawyers give the other 5% a bad name!
Now, let's not get personal here. :-\

Kelly
If you are an Acadia Forum Member and an attorney, you are obviously in the honorable top 5%!!
002
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
It had been a couple of years since I purchased a new vehicle, but the game pretty much remains the same. The last 5 cars or so I focused on via the internet, keeps some of the B.S. out of the procedure and speeds things up.
With the Acadia, I went to closest GMC dealer, I had tried one out the week before there, and attempted to make a deal on an SLT-2 without a Nav system (just did not feel I needed it, have a portable one). Anyway, they did not have inventory, claimed they could pull one in from another dealer (their selections were poor) and then pushed loaded unit in wrong colors (for me). Finally and I gave up, and I was literally escorted off the premises, quite a projected attitude of we have wasted enough time with you!
Anyway, had established internet communication with several other GMC dealers that seemed more eager to do business. Finally McConnell GMC in Mobile came through but had to pull a unit in from Louisiana, which they did with no problem in the colors I wanted! Deal was the right price and I caught all the incentives-overall was a good buying experience. :blob:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I,m new on this forum and was wondering if anyone on here is from the central florida area/Orlando, Fla. If so what dealer did you use and how was the experience? and btw I would rather go to the dentist than deal with car salesmen. Thanks

Len
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
We used Eagle in Homosassa because they had the color and options we wanted, very pleasant to deal with. Phillips in Leesburg is good too, shopped there in the past, as well as Mount Dora. Do your homework (this forum is great!) be firm about what you want and realistic on what you will pay. Hope you have as good an experience as we did!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
The problem I seem to encounter (we have been vehicle searching for about 2 years now and I bought the previous 2 vehicles because my hubby is always gone, did I mention I HATE shopping?) is that I end up having to take on the attitude of “so what, I am a big browned eye brunette with a corset on, but I know considerably more about this vehicle than you do and this is what I want. Any questions?” >:D

I obtained a quote from a dealer about 2 hours away, went to the local one and said if they could beat it, they would have my business by the end of the day, guaranteed. The guy kept asking me what the offer was, and I flat out told him, “I can’t tell you that, it wouldn’t be very fair to me now would it??” They ended up quoting 34,886.30 ($200 over invoice, give or take), no TTL since we are registering it out of state (small perks for the military). Now fingers crossed We can take delivery by the end of the month with $2500 in incentives! ;D

After reading through some of the posts here, though, I have a little bit of a concern… Our copy of the proposal does not have anyone’s signature on it, but ours. With the extreme demand for these things around here, or anywhere for that matter, I don’t want this to be yanked out from underneath us because I won’t go over a certain price. As much as I didn’t want a new car, I am getting pretty excited about this now that the assembly date is fast approaching (May 15ish supposedly). Off topic, sorry!!

Moral of the story, I can’t say I care for dealing with car dealerships, but I do a tremendous amount of research and have so far known more about my intended purchase than they do. I can’t expect them to know everything about every vehicle, but I would expect them to be a little more knowledgeable about the basics! I constantly encounter that "we can take advantage of you" attitude and it really bugs me. It took looking up state laws to avoid paying taxes on a vehicle purchased here, something of which I really think the dealerships should be knowledgeable!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
542 Posts
I have found that I usually know more about the cars I am interested in than the dealer does. Funny as you see the salesmen all out there on the deck surveying the lot and smoking cigarettes. Nothing to do all day you would think they would at least look at the dealer websites if not read the owners manuals on their inventory. I was putting mine together and the salesman asked if I wanted the $600 side airbag option. What the @##@?
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top