GMC Acadia Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
The latest update. My 2017 acadia started getting the power assist message and temperature gauge drop everyday. So when i get home i would keep taking off the negative battery terminal and retighten it. Clear the fault and drive again. I finally realized that i was tightening it down to tight and put a groove in the battery terminal. So as i was driving the negative terminal would loosen just a bit and the message would pop up. The last time after a week of dealing everyday with it i installed the negative terminal in a different spot off of the groove and torqued it down to correct value. Now for the last month or so i haven't had any more issues. Makes me think it was the terminal the whole time after dealing with it everyday. It was always tight enough to start and run the other systems but still loose enough to throw up the message and shut down the air conditioning.
what have your daily outside temps been like?

·
Registered
7 Posts
update on my situation. i finally got the opportunity to drive the car in sub 65 degree weather yesterday after having the service performed.. well, it did not trigger the assist alert or any other of the issues that come with it. For now i am gonna consider my situation to be working.. i want to see it cycle in cool temps a few more times without issue before i say fixed 100%.. i am 90% sure it would have faulted out if i had driven it yesterday without the service done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My wife has the 2017 Acadia Denali and this issue happened to me today. This morning the Steering Assist was displaying then on the way home I noticed that AC wasn't cooling then noticed the temp gauge was down. Hoping this will be a easy and quick fix?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My wife has the 2017 Acadia Denali and this issue happened to me today. This morning the Steering Assist was displaying then on the way home I noticed that AC wasn't cooling then noticed the temp gauge was down. Hoping this will be a easy and quick fix?
Take the negative battery terminal off and re install it. Should clear it. Make sure its not dirty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m late to the game on this but was recently having the same issue with my wife’s 2017 Acadia. The mobile mechanic replaced the battery terminal and it’s been all good ever since then. This was after I suggested replacing the thermostat so I saved quite a bit of money. Just wanted to share in case it could help someone else having the same issue (steering assist reduced, thermostat on C, engine reviving, and no AC).
So your mechanic fixed it all with just replacing the positive batter terminal? My wife has the 2017 as well that I drive to work daily and this issue happened today in Atlanta with 92 degree temp. I will look at the terminals and hope this will resolve all the issues? Let me know?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Take the negative battery terminal off and re install it. Should clear it. Make sure its not dirty.
WOW!!!!! Thanks for that response!!!! I just went and cleaned a little corrosion and reinstalled the cable and everything cleared and working fine!!!! I am convinced that almost every vehicle made after 2012 the voltage is or will be the baseline for problems. Thanks Again!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok. My 2017 acadia has been doing this intermittently off and on for a year. Lasts about a week. It just started doing it again today. So after reading this forum I tightened the negative and positive battery terminals without removing them and it didn't help. I tried staring it a couple more times and it still gave the power steering assist message and no a/c. So then i took off the negative terminal and cleaned it. Than i took off the positive terminal and cleaned it. Tightened the fuses next to it also. Put positive back on and tightened. Than negative back on then tightened. Sprayed battery protection on them. Started it back up and everything works again. I tried starting it 3 more times and it works great. I think the terminals are the ticket. Just wanted to share my experience
I have to agree, I just took my negative post off cleaned it and all is fine. Am thinking it's a low voltage issue that triggers other things?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have to agree, I just took my negative post off cleaned it and all is fine. Am thinking it's a low voltage issue that triggers other things?

removing the battery terminal does reset the computer and makes the fans stop running etc.. if it never happens again i would be surprised.. how many miles do you have on that 2017?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I noticed that sometimes there are problems with the air conditioners. Especially on cars.An old air conditioner? System outages? Or is it already a malfunction due to long years of operation? My friends from this company airconservicing.org they gave me the answer to this question. Although they are experts in air conditioners located at home, they can also help with the car. In general, the problems may be in system outages. But, fortunately, it is quickly repaired without any problems. However, there may be a problem with the system update.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I noticed that sometimes there are problems with the air conditioners. Especially on cars.An old air conditioner?
There are many reasons for this. Read this whole thread and search for others like it here on the forum.
Leaks in A?C system o-ring fittings and elsewhere often develop as a vehicle ages.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts