GMC Acadia Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks Genesmachines. I feel confident that the problems will come back for the Acadia, as mine have now come and gone several times over the last 9 months. I think my next try is a new thermostat? if anyone has any additional information, please share.

·
Super Moderator
20,280 Posts
... Still leery about the thermostat code, but I can't even see where that is ---- someplace low on the engine where it would be a bear to try to get at. ...
Following the cooling system hoses and pipes to locate the thermostat seems like a no-brainer.

p.s. The parts link was for Denali, SLE, and SLT 3.6L V6. It didn't make sense to me. I'm used to engine coolant sensors placed either near the thermostat, or somewhere in a cylinder head's water jacket.

·
Super Moderator
20,280 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
OK, I just replaced the thermostat and Im still having the same issues. Did anyone else go through this? How did you fix it? Im thinking its electrical?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I actually have a 2017 Acadia Denali and mine started doing this exact same thing about 6 months ago, but a couple days later, everything went back to normal. I read on this forum that the Coolant Temp Sensor was the main problem on the older models, so I went to the GMC dealer and purchased a new sensor. I figured I would wait until it problems happen again, and then change the sensor. However, the Acadia ran great all summer, until last week, the temp gauge dropped to 0, the air blew warm, the rad fan was racing, and the "Steering Assist is Reduced " warning came on the dash. I drove the car the next day and in the middle of my drive, everything started working again. Then last weekend, I finally had time to replace the Coolant Temp Sensor. It is not in the same place as everyone says for the older models. It took me 3 hours to find it, but I finally did and replaced it. It is actually on the top of the engine, left side under the air intake cover. I thought everything would be fine, but then today, all my problems came back. Now I'm puzzled, what is wrong with these that this problem keeps coming back? Do you think its the thermostat?
Hello, I am experiencing the same issue and was wonder if you were yet to find a solution for the 2017 Acadia? I’m puzzled as well along with the GMC dealership who’s had my car for a week dropping it of 3 different times for that same problem. Please help me if you have found a solution to this ongoing Acadia problem. I can’t believe this is happening, it’s such a nice truck!

·
Super Moderator
20,280 Posts
OK, I just replaced the thermostat and Im still having the same issues. Did anyone else go through this? How did you fix it? Im thinking its electrical?
Hello, I am experiencing the same issue and was wonder if you were yet to find a solution for the 2017 Acadia? I’m puzzled as well along with the GMC dealership who’s had my car for a week dropping it of 3 different times for that same problem. Please help me if you have found a solution to this ongoing Acadia problem. I can’t believe this is happening, it’s such a nice truck!
I'm really surprised the techs aren't looking at a BCM communication problem. It's the BCM which controls the instrument panel (IP). The BCM is the final link for displaying messages and telling gauges what they are supposed to show you.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts