GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a little front end collision in my 08 Acadia. Everything is fixed but all of the sudden the outside temp.gauge on the instrument panel is not working right. Could that have been damaged in the wreck? Where is the sensor located. Is that the little dome on the dash?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
The outside temp sensor is located near the front of the vehicle; the dome on the dash is a solar sensor that runs inside instrument lighting. The front end collision probably messed that sensor up although there is a TSB to relocate that sensor because of abnormal readings. Was the outside temp reading correctly before the crash? GM may not cover it if it was caused by the accident although you could probably get them to change it anyway

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the exact same issue. They have replaced the sensor, but it is still off somewhat. What is that TSB number?

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
spatton said:
I am having the exact same issue. They have replaced the sensor, but it is still off somewhat. What is that TSB number?

Thanks...
Check out the recall/tsb section of the forum and you will find it

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
spatton said:

Thanks...
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=5702.msg73162#msg73162
quote author=GeoHawk link=topic=5702.msg73162#msg73162 date=1239380131]
Craig,

The most recent update of that TSB was released on March 30, 2009. I see yours is reading low but it looks like the same fix - relocate temp sensor and now they have the tech reprogram the HVAC control module:

#08-01-39-008A: Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Display in Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Inaccurate or Reads Too High (Reposition Ambient Air Temperature Sensor and Reprogram HVAC Control Module) - (Mar 30, 2009)

Subject: Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Display In Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Inaccurate Or Reads Too High (Reposition Ambient Air Temperature Sensor and Reprogram HVAC Control Module)

Models: 2007-2008 GMC Acadia
2007-2008 Saturn OUTLOOK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin is being revised to update the parts information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 08-01-39-008 (Section 08 - Body and Accessories).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition
Some customers may comment that the ambient temperature display is inaccurate or reads too high.

Correction
Technicians are to relocate the ambient air temperature sensor to a new location and reprogram the Heating Ventilation And Air Conditioning (HVAC) Control Module...
[/quote]

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
spatton said:

Thanks...
Part of the TSB is to relocate the sensor; do you know if this was accomplished?

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Interesting to read this today - I was driving in CT and the temp seemed to be stuck on 40 _ I knew it was warmer than that. It eventually adjusted back to the proper temp but perhaps it may need service at some point. Has anyone experienced the temp getting stuck as opposed to just an inaccurate reading?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
mikemu said:
Interesting to read this today - I was driving in CT and the temp seemed to be stuck on 40 _ I knew it was warmer than that. It eventually adjusted back to the proper temp but perhaps it may need service at some point. Has anyone experienced the temp getting stuck as opposed to just an inaccurate reading?
I have had that happen from time to time; but usually the temp works fine. I think the temp sensor placement has a lot to do with this

1 - 8 of 8 Posts