GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Install seems to be quite easy, but from Enclave forum, one user seemed to have had problems with impedence variance on the audio.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to close this thread out. I'm returning my 5000vi on Monday.

My plan was to install it tomorrow, but with the news of the GM plan for a bluetooth option for '09s, I am willing to gamble on a delayed install to see the GM unit. News posted here http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=3065.msg41883#msg41883. I will not be surprised about December time frame.

Since the news tidbit has the bluetooth coming from the OnStar box - vs XM tuner - this would allow me to keep my Schosche IPOD device installed. I was worried that the GM bluetooth option would get implemented via the XM tuner as well.

The four negatives I saw with the 5000vi install were:

1) 5000vi video display was a "video" so it wasn't integrated into the Nav system
I'm willing to wait and see if GM option will allow phone call info to be displayed on HUD. The 5000vi video display on NAV was pretty lame as well. Looks like a TV monitor displaying computer text back in 1983...but it's the best option available.

2) Microphone not integrated into OnStar system - required a separate mike. True for all 3rd party bluetooth options

3) Separate remote required for bluetooth use. This is true for all 3rd party options. I would prefer using Nav touchscreen.

4) Serious space issues - knowing that the GMX-320 sucks up all useable space behind the NAV, I was going to install the bluetooth behind the glove box. Even there, it would be tight.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I saw blue tooth in action in a hybrid vehicle today...I can hardly wait! It was really cool. So you think December huh?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just curious what makes you think December?

·
Registered
263 Posts
JonTon said:
Because that's what I read....Not that Jake knows for sure...but at least it's something to look forward to!! See Jake_99's post above... This would be the line EXACTLY....

(Jake_99)My plan was to install it tomorrow, but with the news of the GM plan for a bluetooth option for '09s, I am willing to gamble on a delayed install to see the GM unit. News posted here http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=3065.msg41883#msg41883. I will not be surprised about December time frame.

Hmmm, after rereading that, I bet that question wasn't for me anyway.... :eek:hno: Well, just in case you were talking to me, that's why I think December....Cuz Jake thinks so.... I got your back Jake!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
KarolsAcadia said:
JonTon said:
Because that's what I read....Not that Jake knows for sure...but at least it's something to look forward to!! See Jake_99's post above... This would be the line EXACTLY....

(Jake_99)My plan was to install it tomorrow, but with the news of the GM plan for a bluetooth option for '09s, I am willing to gamble on a delayed install to see the GM unit. News posted here http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=3065.msg41883#msg41883. I will not be surprised about December time frame.

Hmmm, after rereading that, I bet that question wasn't for me anyway.... :eek:hno: Well, just in case you were talking to me, that's why I think December....Cuz Jake thinks so.... I got your back Jake!!
um, wow. Ever heard the term "stream of conciousness"? ;D

So anyway, Jake, why do you think December?

·
Registered
263 Posts
JonTon said:
KarolsAcadia said:
JonTon said:

um, wow. Ever heard the term "stream of conciousness"? ;D

So anyway, Jake, why do you think December?
I teach 4 and 5 year olds...I'm pretty sure the term has never come up in my class. :-\

Stream of Consciousness, literary technique, first used in the late 19th century, employed to evince subjective as well as objective reality. It reveals the character's feelings, thoughts, and actions, often following an associative rather than a logical sequence, without commentary by the author.

I obviously do that a lot...Sorry :sosad:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm just expecting that a proposed summer release will:

a) be delayed to get kinks out(a.k.a PAL). I just hope it's not a 1 year delay - like PAL

b) be undersupplied based on wide demand. If it's a On-Star option/add-on, you're gonna bet EVERYONE WITH ONSTAR CAPABILITY will want one.

And ah, I slept on it and installed the GMX-320 today anyway. so I lied yesterday...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Jake_99 said:
I'm just expecting that a proposed summer release will:

a) be delayed to get kinks out(a.k.a PAL). I just hope it's not a 1 year delay - like PAL

b) be undersupplied based on wide demand. If it's a On-Star option/add-on, you're gonna bet EVERYONE WITH ONSTAR CAPABILITY will want one.

And ah, I slept on it and installed the GMX-320 today anyway. so I lied yesterday...
So Jake, did you end up installing the Tellphone with it or just the GMX-320? Wasn't sure from your message.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, never installed. Once I heard about GM Bluetooth, I held off and returned it. The integration of the unit is not fully "factory like" in it's use. I'm willing to hold off until the GM Bluetooth option can be ruled out.

But, my patience is limited...(aka PAL)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Bump. Jake, are you still waiting for a factory solution or did you ultimately end up going with something aftermarket?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After finding about the failure of a GM Bluetooth option for pre-09's, I haven't gone to the effort of upgrading my Acadia with a BT option. I like the Scosche model but don't want to give up my IPOD...will do something when the weather improves a bit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts