GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to meet a coworker yesterday for a workday in the field. We always meet at a Holiday Inn.
As I pulled into the parking lot, I quickly realized that 75% off the lot was roped off with all sorts of traffic cones lined up in this roped off area. Way in the back of the parking lot were rows and rows of brand new Acadias, Outlooks, and Enclaves.
GM was having a "technology day" for local dealers. There were several 18 wheelers around the parking lot, so all the cars must have come in on those.
I asked some guy smoking a butt what was going on, and he said it was a training day for the new cars. I said, "Well it's about time, the car has only been out for three months!"
The guy I asked owned a dealership. I told him I bought an Acadia a few weeks back. He said absolutely nothing...he didn't ask if I liked it, didn't ask where I got it, didn't ask where I was going to get service done.
I often wonder how some of these dealers stay in business. The least he could have done was give me his business card and ask me for me my service business! They seem to have absolutely no business acumen.

So there you have it, they are getting some training.
That was one of my earlier beefs in looking at Acadias a month ago....no salesman knew a **** thing about them!
Yours,
Pipes

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yeah, I stopped by a dealership a couple weeks back and after briefly showing me the inside of the Acadia, the salesman said, "Tomorrow we're going to go learn all about it." Seemed like they should have gotten training a little sooner. I was thinking, let me give you the name of a website... :)

P.S. The salesman where I eventually bought told me I read too much. I took it as a great complement!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Huh, maybe that's why he's schleppin' cars! He probably can't read.
As someone stated before...you go into a car dealership and they're all staring at the ceiling doing nothing. You would think they might go out on the lot and check out the products they are supposed to be selling. At least read the "quick guide" for pete's sake.
Yours,
Pipes

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'd like to think that successful car salespersons are the ones that actually take the initiative to learn about the vehicles, and actually follow up with phone calls when asked, etc.

As for them parking these gems out in the back lot.....some businesses like to put their old stuff that's not selling right out front, to try to get people to buy them first. Luckily the one I bought from had it in the showroom - nice and dry and away from all the nasty weather we had here in February!

·
Registered
200 Posts
It's interesting that they have training (albeit a bit late) on the new vehicle, but nothing regarding customer service (to the dealer that snubbed you)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pipes,

Where did you see the cars? I ;ive in Lowell so was curious.

I'm waiting for some aftermarket accessories to come to market before buying my Acadia. I transport kayaks and need a good cargo liner for wet stuff plus looking for more bull bars so I can tie down the bows of the boats when travelling.

I originally thought about purchasing a Ford Edge to replace my Explorer, but want a roof rack and sun roof. You can buy the Edge with a sun roof, but no roof rack. Also, the Acadia's more comfortable, etc.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rwolson,
They were all at the Boxboro Holiday Inn. By the end of the day, they were mostly packed up and gone.
I recommend the Acadia, but then again do not have the requirements you have for a vehicle due to your hobbies.
I grew up in Chelmsford, right next door to Lowell.
Small world, isn't it?
Pipes

·
Registered
161 Posts
Speaking of no knowledge or training...

At my GMC dealership I asked the service writer about changing the oil and he did't even know where the oil filter was. He was crawling under the Acadia on the showroom floor and I thought it was pretty funny...I knew where it was the whole time...just cracked me up to see him under there totally confused.

And then he asked me to be sure to bring it to him for future service!!!

I probably will...but WOW!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts