GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to start a Frequently Asked Question thread.

This will include neat little tips or tricks for the Acadia. Items that do not appear in the Owners Manual.

Please feel free to post your FAQs in this thread and I will continue to update the main post. This thread will take come time to compile a large list that is worthy at really looking at. Once this site grows more, the threads currently listed will continue to be pushed down and would require extensive searching.

Thanks!

Adam Boca

Courtesy Lamps turned off? Here is how to turn them on.
press the button above the dash brightness knob. Its icon looks like a dome light with a "no" line through it -- it's the "dome light override" and should fix your problem. Posted by Gills

What GM Accessories are available for the Acadia?
http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/accessoriesjsp/accessorylist.jsp?make=gmc&model=acadia&year=2007&sid=1699983598719528 You can order from any GM dealer, or visit www.gmpartshouse.com for fast service and great prices.

Where can I see changes in the upcoming 2008 model?
2008 Acadia Buyers Guide

Keep your AWD under 55 for the first 500 miles...

Here's what pg 123 of the Acadia owners manual says about break in:

New Vehicle Break-In

Notice: Your vehicle does not need an elaborate break-in. But it will perform better in the long run if you follow these guidelines:
• If you have all-wheel drive, keep your speed at 55 mph (88 km/h) or less for the first 500 miles (805 km).
• Do not drive at any one constant speed, fast or slow, for the first 500 miles (805 km). Do not make full-throttle starts. Avoid downshifting to brake, or slow, the vehicle.

Useful Links

·
Registered
626 Posts
Re: Tech Section FAQ

Loading the NAV DVD scared the crap outta me. When the Nav screen poped out at me I thought I broke it. I didnt know the slot was behine the screen. I'll get some photos posted.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts

I had the same experience when I first test drove an Acadia. The salesman thought he had broken it. I showed him the slot. He had to get someone else to come show him what to do.

Kelly

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

If you all could take a photo with the screen closed and then open that would be awesome!

Thanks!

Adam

·
Registered
626 Posts

Here you go. Actually the screen opens by it's self. Reverse these photos as I am closing the screen back up.
NY Joe, These may be better if moved to the proper NAV questions folder.

Now getting some HUD photos are a pain. Due to the view angle and where the lens not the viewfinder is it always cuts part of it off.

Attachments

·
Registered
619 Posts

Am I noting correctly that your Passenger Airbag light block below your NAV has popped loose and inward?

·
Registered
626 Posts

readyforacadia said:
Am I noting correctly that your Passenger Airbag light block below your NAV has popped loose and inward?
Yes it is.
This was a dealer transfer & had 200 miles on it. Button pushers must have said "Hey what's this one do?"
I guess when it says passenger airbag off some thought if I push this hear button it will turn on ???

It's fixed now.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts

Now you tell us.

I haver been trying to see why mine doesn;t do that when I pop out the NAV screen.

lol

Seriously.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts

Anyone know where the main engine ECU is hidden on the 2007?
Got a customer interested in reprogramming his and we don't know where it's at!

·
Registered
72 Posts

Our Liftgate wouldn't open with the remote or outside button. The salesman said it was broke. We found that the button on the dash had to be pushed on at the top to allow the liftgate to be opened remotely or with the outside button or closed with the button on the liftgate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah, that button when off makes it a manual only operation. A guess a sort of lock-out so that the kids can't press it by accident to open it up or something. Smart though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Danac said:
Yeah, that button when off makes it a manual only operation. A guess a sort of lock-out so that the kids can't press it by accident to open it up or something. Smart though.
Yes, but it makes you feel like an idiot when you think the Liftgate is broken and its just the switch :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts