GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read all 134 posts in the tranny flash satisfaction thread, and I have my doubts about having it done. I'm almost up to my next LOF/tire rotatation service (just over 10,000 miles in 6 months). I also have a squeeky brake pedal. But my big concern is the TCM/ECM flash. From its current state the tranny could definitely use some improvement, but what happens if it doesn't go well. Do I just keep going back for service until they get it right? Who has time for that? I don't have much experience with my dealership, and honestly the service department doesn't make me feel that comfortable. I'm really worried that while it's not perfect now, it could make it worse and I'll end up butting heads with the service manager. ???

Are there owners out there who have chosen NOT to do the TCM/ECM flash?

·
Registered
9 Posts
No, I complained about the Engine and down shifting for months, this web site told me of th eflash, the dealer did not even know, they did it, and I felt no difference, then had to take it back and another tech person did it, made all the difference, but it still looses power on a him, but start up power is much better, would rather have a V8 engine that may come with the 2009's

·
Registered
35 Posts
tm59 said:
I've read all 134 posts in the tranny flash satisfaction thread, and I have my doubts about having it done. I'm almost up to my next LOF/tire rotatation service (just over 10,000 miles in 6 months). I also have a squeeky brake pedal. But my big concern is the TCM/ECM flash. From its current state the tranny could definitely use some improvement, but what happens if it doesn't go well. Do I just keep going back for service until they get it right? Who has time for that? I don't have much experience with my dealership, and honestly the service department doesn't make me feel that comfortable. I'm really worried that while it's not perfect now, it could make it worse and I'll end up butting heads with the service manager. ???
t
Are there owners out there who have chosen NOT to do the TCM/ECM flash?
I think I feel the same as you. Mine was purchased in early July & I haven't had the flash done yet. I'm concerned my mileage will drop & also concerned the dealer hasn't had any experience with this. That & I have adapted to the shifting & its no big deal. Nothing s perfect & you learn that as you get older.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Had mine reflashed and sure has more ZOOM when you want it with slight down pressure on peddle. Don't have to floor it to get it to go in city traffic. Standing start has lots more geeedee-up too! No change in mpg either. Service dept where took our car for latest software update, knew what they were doing. We are Happy Campers, as they say!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmmm... I think mine has pretty good "zip" already. The only issue I have is going up the fairly steep hill at home (20-30 mph) the tranny shifts to a higher gear too soon and the truck feels like it is struggling up the hill. I have to hit the gas to get it to downshift, but then it takes off & feels like it has gained too much speed for that road. Maybe I could just use the electronic shifter to hold the lower gear until I think it will climb ok in the higher gear?

My highway cruise control inclines runs pretty well. The tranny will downshift 6th to 5th to 4th to recover speed until it reaches the set point. It will upshift to 5th when set point is reached, and then run 5th until just before or at the crest of the hill (where it will upshift to 6th). I suppose the downshifts could be a bit smoother...

I guess I should just go ahead and do it... Flash the TCM/ECM and afterwards I will add my opinion of the service to list

1 - 5 of 5 Posts