GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After unoffically winning the Jumper Cable Award for running my battery down twice, I figured out how to get safest tailgate time.

I have a habit of poping the trunk / hatch when outside fooling around in the yard, washing cars etc, and cranking the music up. On my 91 Explorer, 96, 97 Sport, & 98 R/T Neon, 00 Intrepid, 02 PT Dream Cruiser, I could go all day. Well long enough not to worry. On the 03 Expedition I could'nt go to long, The Acadia has a limit as well. I guess the more electronics the more juice is used when the key is on.

Back to topic. The Acadia has the rear audio controls. Why? ??? To open her up and crank it up while attending to that wax job or whever you want .

I have figured out what can be shut off to save voltage.
1-turn the interior light switch off. Yea that button by the knob.
2-turn the rearview mirrow off.
3-open the passenger door, reach in and turn the key off. This shuts off all the things powered when the key is on and will allow the radio to play for about 10 minutes before auto shut down. (this will not work with drivers door)
Repete every ten munites.
4-after 45 minutes test start engine and recharge. (time limit still in testing)

Happy tailgateing :beer:

Attachments

·
Registered
497 Posts
This is after you've had the airbag recall done, right?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Acadia4VA-WV said:
This is after you've had the airbag recall done, right?
I think so. They supposedly did the airbag. I did pop the hood to check that big module behind the radiator top. It was still hot whatever it is. But that was with the key ON.

I think the above will help extend tailgate time. Still in testing ;D

·
Registered
306 Posts
racefla,

Do you wear a helmet when you race lawn mowers? Some of your ideas are . . . .well just different!

Just wondering why you go to so much trouble to listen to music while outside--I think a Bose Acoustic Wave Machine would suite your tailgating needs well and save your Acadia electronics.

Thanks for keeping me smiling.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
002 said:
racefla,

Do you wear a helmet when you race lawn mowers? Some of your ideas are . . . .well just different![/color]

Just wondering why you go to so much trouble to listen to music while outside--I think a Bose Acoustic Wave Machine would suite your tailgating needs well and save your Acadia electronics.

Thanks for keeping me smiling.

Hey, I'm one or those Brick interior folks, different :drunk: [/color]

Disclaimer: No offense to brick owners that don't wear helmets while racing lawnmowers.

I reality I have 155 feet of Lakefront, 700+ feet deep, a big *** yard and small old 50's house with no garage. Outside is tailgateing ;D

Old lakefront photo. Notice Explorer ready for tailgate swimming music.

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
Or, take Sirius Stiletto out of car, plug into boombox, plug boombox into garage wall. ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts