GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had a problem with their tailgate falling? my tailgate started doing this when the weather cooled off. it has slammed down and come down slowly both.

·
Registered
533 Posts
merri,

Welcome to the forum! I haven't had any trouble with mine, but it's very new still and I haven't opened it up too much. However, I can say from experience on my other SUV, colder weather seems to make my rear window easier to close - perhaps due to the pressure in the shocks being less than when they're warm / hot. A little like tires having less pressure when cold. Just a thought. Have you brought this to the attention of a Service dept.?

Smooth[/color] <><

·
Registered
428 Posts
Sounds like the gas shocks on your tail/liftgate are loosing the gas out of them which lets the pressure bleed off and lets the tailgate close. Sounds like its time for a trip to your service department for a new set of gas shocks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not an isolated problem with the cooler weather. The following is a link to the discussion on this in the Enclave forum:

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=3647.msg50233#new

Evidently dealers are aware and replace under warranty w/o problem.
Good luck and be careful until repair is made!
BD

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx for the link, i am no longer under warranty but was hoping there was a recall or tsb
maybe the dealer will replace?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Out of warranty? Miles?
Can you please update your signature to include your vehicle specifications. See Blues Clues for more help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts