GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Everyone,

I went out this morning opened my garage to go to work and noticed that both of my tail lights have condenstation in them in the exact same place.

anyone had this issue?
is this warranty?

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I have it on my Enclave too, kind of annoying, but I think it's normal.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never had that before on any of my cars. I am not sure that's normal.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I have had condensation like that before and it is not normal and it should be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
134 Posts
That is DEFINITLY NOT normal.. Take that in for warranty.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I am guessing the tail lights are sealed to the tailgate and unless the seal is bad there shouldn't be any water inside the assembly

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I don't think it matters how sealed a tail light is, but the temperature difference is what causes the condensation. The fact that it doesn't go away right away (on mine) means it's air tight. (and water tight) The water dropplets I have are on the outer edge of the tail light, not anywhere near the bulb, so I'm not worried about it. I think once the weather warms up, parking it in the sun to heat them up will take care of it, hopefully.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
09Enclave said:
I don't think it matters how sealed a tail light is, but the temperature difference is what causes the condensation. The fact that it doesn't go away right away (on mine) means it's air tight. (and water tight) The water dropplets I have are on the outer edge of the tail light, not anywhere near the bulb, so I'm not worried about it. I think once the weather warms up, parking it in the sun to heat them up will take care of it, hopefully.
I understand the temp difference; but you stated it's air and water tight; so the existing air inside the assembly should only condense once or twice and then it shouldn't happen again.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have had my tail lights replaced for this under warranty. Mine would get condensation on the inside and leaked when you washed the car. They replaced them once and I took the Acadia home and ran water over the lights and guess what, the new ones leaked too. So back I went. They replaced them again and I have not had any problems since. It is not normal to get condensation inside these lights. They are sealed so there is no way condensation or water should get inside, ever!!!!!!! Take it back for warranty.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I'll see what happens this summer.  If it gets worse, or doesn't go away, then I'll take it in.  It's just such a pain in the butt taking the car in for something like this, the parts will probably have to be ordered, etc, etc.  True, you would think condensation should not occur, but sounds like many have experienced this.  The fact that both Acadia and Enclave owners are talking about it means it's quite wide spread of a "problem".  For sure, if it's covered under warranty then why not get it replaced.

EDIT: Which I did get it replaced finally, and has been good ever since....it's now 2013 and all's well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts