GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide whether to trade my 2007 Z71 Tahoe for a Carbon Black 2009 SLT-2SB Acadia. Just wondering if anyone went from Tahoe to Acadia.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I went from a 2004 tahoe to a 2008 Acadia. Acadia drives better, better gas mileage, and to me was just as roomy or functionable on the inside. I have never second guessed myself.

·
Registered
87 Posts
the only real advantage the Tahoe has, is higher tow rating. So unless you tow a huge trailer, go with the acadia.

·
Super Moderator
21,964 Posts
Tahoe to Acadia? Is that like going from Nevada to Maine? :cheers:

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
speleos said:
Tahoe to Acadia? Is that like going from Nevada to Maine? :cheers:
Or perhaps to Alaska with a Yukon Denali ;D

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
wardenann said:
Trying to decide whether to trade my 2007 Z71 Tahoe for a Carbon Black 2009 SLT-2SB Acadia. Just wondering if anyone went from Tahoe to Acadia.
We didn't go from a Tahoe to an Acadia, but we did look at both. In addition to jb's post, on the inside you will get more interior/cargo room behind the 2nd row and 3rd (when in use) and much more versatile seating options with how the seats will fold flat (instead of having to pull them out of the Tahoe). The biggest difference is that the Acadia is considerably shorter. Head room isn't any less, it's just that the vehicle isn't sitting high up on top of a truck frame (much easier to get in a out of, especially if you have kids).

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Actually, the Tahoe (202.0 inches long) and the Acadia (200.7 inches long) are about the same length. The "footprint" of the two vehicles is remarkably similar. However, the Acadia's profile is much less than the Tahoe's.

The biggest difference that I found is in ground clearance and off-road capability. The Tahoe is built on a truck frame, is available with a transfer case and true four-wheel drive, and is decent off-road. And the Tahoe has significantly greater towing capabilities. To accomplish this, as GeoHawk noted, the Tahoe sits quite a bit higher and you really have to step up into it.

The Acadia has unibody construction, full-time all wheel drive and much lower ground clearance. Because it sits lower, it is easier to get into. As noted above, the Acadia has a better ride, a more flexible interior, and a definitely-more-usable third row. On the other hand, Acadia is NOT an off-road vehicle in any way. Speaking from experience, I would not take in on anything worse than a well-graded gravel road.

In the end, it comes down to your needs.

Kelly

·
Registered
635 Posts
You do have a little less head room in the back. The Tahoe is more square where as the Acadia curves in at all angles and even comes down in the back, making the opening in the rear smaller. But the fact that you don't have to pull out the third row is great.

The sunroof system in the Tahoe/Yukon is the same as the Lambdas, yet with out the leaks.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome to the forum & thanks for doing some pre-purchase research. The above members have done a great job of providing generic info you'll need to determine the answer to your question.

It's up to you to weigh the various factors for what the intended use of the vehicle is. I'm sure if you told us how the current Tahoe is used, we could provide some more specific type of info.

Good luck with what you decide to do.

While not apples:apples, we sold a 2001 Durango (had looked at the Tahoe but liked the 98-03 Durango better) AWD 5.9L V8 to get the 2009 Acadia FWD 3.6L V6. My wife is the primary driver and has commented on how it is different to drive and park the Acadia. Like me, she's set in her ways since the 2001 was her third Durango- I still have #2.

I'd also suggest test driving some Acadias and see what you think first hand.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Tahoe V8 with some gideeeUp with less mpg.
Acadia V6 w 6 speed coupled with good mpg

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
teetertotter said:
Tahoe V8 with some gideeeUp with less mpg.
Acadia V6 w 6 speed coupled with good mpg
That's a tough comparison when talking mpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tomorrow trading '08 Acadia SLT2 for '09 Denali - I researched this to death. I tow a 5000# boat and the Acadia just worked too hard - Very stable though while rolling - Better than the '09 Tahoe LTZ I test towed with. I still have 1 other '08 Acadia and will use that on most trips when the boat doesn't go with. One funny difference is that the Acadia has a better resolution nav screen... Go figure.

If it weren't for towing the Acadia is just more functional. I have to laugh looking out the window of my office in an affluent suburb with all the women driving by in Denali's and Escalades who won't tow 1 mile...

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Re: Tahoe v. Acadia

garycoral said:
Tomorrow trading '08 Acadia SLT2 for '09 Denali... I still have 1 other '08 Acadia...
Another (well for today anyway) multiple Lambda owner! Sounds like the best of both worlds and good choices for the intended use.

It's a shame with customers like this that GM went bankrupt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks so much for all your replies. I have a Z71 Tahoe because I just liked the looks of it with all the extra chrome and assist steps. Vener off road or tow with it so I know it is a waste. Here is the deal I have been offered on an 2009 Acadia SLT2-4SB pretty loaded. I will be using the vehicle to haul around 2 children and as a grocecry getter. It is also te biggest passenger vehicle in my family so I get to haul extended family everywhere!!!

Is this a good deal?? 2009 Carbon Black SLT2:

MSRP $46960
Will sell it to me for $43908 - $750 (cash back) - $1500 (consumer loyalty) - $500 (consumer cash coupon) = $41658!

I also have the GM coupon for $3000 in GM Bonus Earnings. What go you all think??? I thought it was a good deal and so did my banker???

Thanks for any replies as I am set to accept this deal this morning.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
12% off MSRP seems like a deal for a vehicle in demand. There are more attractive deals on Trailblazers and cars of that sort but they're winding down production of those.

·
Super Moderator
21,964 Posts
Be sure to send pictures after you 'sign zee papers, old man!'

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
wardenann said:
Thanks so much for all your replies. I have a Z71 Tahoe because I just liked the looks of it with all the extra chrome and assist steps. Never off road or tow with it so I know it is a waste. Here is the deal I have been offered on an 2009 Acadia SLT2-4SB pretty loaded. I will be using the vehicle to haul around 2 children and as a grocery getter. It is also the biggest passenger vehicle in my family so I get to haul extended family everywhere!!!

Is this a good deal?[/color]? 2009 Carbon Black SLT2:

MSRP $46960
Will sell it to me for $43908 - $750 (cash back) - $1500 (consumer loyalty) - $500 (consumer cash coupon) = $41658!

I also have the GM coupon for $3000 in GM Bonus Earnings. What go you all think??? I thought it was a good deal and so did my banker???

Thanks for any replies as I am set to accept this deal this morning.
In order to answer this often asked question, more info is needed.

First, some self-help:
Pricing questions? How good is your deal? Links & pictorial how-to inside!
Prices paid for 2009 Acadias This is a REFERENCE thread for prices actually paid, all other posts are deleted. It exists so you can look at the price offered by your dealer and see how someone else made out on a similar vehicle.

Next, drive/options:
Being ESP-challenged and since Vulcan mind melds have been banned from the Internet, most of us are unable to know that you are looking at (for example) a FWD model with cooled seats, sunroof, and the navigation package. Short of going to the GMC website and building it and trying to match your stated price, we have no way of knowing what options are on the vehicle. This makes a huge difference in price. Front wheel drive (FWD) is always less expensive than All Wheel Drive (AWD). If one says "I'm buying an SLT2 for $41,000" and it has no options whatsoever and is FWD, then they're not getting as good of a deal as the person that is buying a 2009 SLT2 for the same price with AWD and the above listed options.

What I'm getting at here is we need as much info as is possible to assess your potential deal. We can say a percentage off is good, but for a true apples:apples comparison, the drive and options are needed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It is a 2009 SLT2-4SB, AWD, nav, dvd, second row console, heated and cooled seats, 19" ultra bright wheels. I think this is all the options. Sorry, was in a hurry this morning when I posted. I used the "Is this a deal" link and it looks great to me. Again, thanks everyone for your replies. I am now the proud owner of a GMC Acadia!!!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Sounds like a great deal in light of the updated info! Congrats & enjoy the new vehicle.

:banana: :woot:
:dancing:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts