GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first time had my 08 Acadia out on the road driving 65 miles per hour for more than an hour. About hour 3 I get a System Moniter Alarm (and what looked like an exclamation in brackets)...I check and it says my left tire has 35psi, my right is just -----. Everything was fine after I made husband pull over and check tire. This alarm came in and out throughout the whole trip. I called my dealer who had just serviced my car. Checked everything and changed oil. Had the tires off. They claim they couldn't have possibly done anything to it (okay). Haven't had it in to check because not getting the alarm in town. Anybody else experience this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had this when I had my tires rotated at the dealer on my Outlook. It was fine when I picked it up but half way home it lost the signal from one of the sensors. Brought it back to the dealer and they reprogrammed the TPMS.
Or you can do it yourself. :thumb:

·
Registered
161 Posts
There are some very clear, details instrux in the owner manual. I did this a few months ago when I rotated the tire myself.

You go into the driver information center (DIC) and select something like "reset tire location"

Then it will instruct you to go to the left front tire and let some air out until you hear the horn beep. When the horn beep's then this tire location has been learned by the Acadia computer.

Then you go to the right front tire and repeat, then right rear and finally left rear and you are done.

Don't forget to reset the tire pressures for each tire.

Check out the manual...the instrux are really pretty easy. GM did a great job detailing this prceedure.

Hope all goes well for you.

·
Registered
428 Posts
If that doesnt work you may have a sensor that has malfunctioned. I had to have one of mine changed because it wouldnt reprogram after I had the tires rotated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts