GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 18" SLE wheels and tires with 59k miles and will need new tires soon. I can purchase a "dealer take-off" set of 19"'s complete wheels and tires CHEAPER ($600.00) than replacing the Goodyear Fortera's that are on the 18's. Can I just remove the old wheels and bolt on the new ones? Will the bolt pattern fit? Are there any issues with the TPMS? By the way, my tires still have plenty of tread and can go 80K no problem. They have been GREAT tires. How do the 19" Goodyear tires wear? Would I be better off spending more for the Fortera's for more mileage? The Fortera's cost $200.00 ea plus all fees.

·
Registered
101 Posts
This winter I took off the 19's and mounted factory 18's with studded snow tires. While the short lug nut worked for the 18's, they didn't look very attractive. I never could find aftermarket lug nuts for this application, so I ended up buying the factory nuts for the 18" wheel.

You're going to find that the taller nut for the 18's aren't going to fit under the wheel cover of the 19's, so you might try to see if you can get the short one's as part of the package.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I ran the numbers on the factory 18 vs 19 tires in another thread recently, the difference is so small (like .04%) that you will find more variation in same size tires from different brands. The TPMS will need to be recalibrated, I believe it is in the owner's manual how to do so, and it is here somewhere I'm sure. You should go to Tire Rack.com or Discount Tire Direct and price the 18 vs 19 inch tires to see how much replacements are.

Based on Phazer_II's actual experience, the lug nuts would be the only issue.

EDIT
Recalibration post:
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=3438.msg43533#msg43533

·
Registered
134 Posts
Quick Question! While were on the subject of wheels and tires. What is the bolt pattern and offset on the Acadia Anyway?? Anyone know?

·
Registered
101 Posts
On the subject of offset...both the 18" and 19" wheels are 50mm. If you hold a mirror to the back of one of the spokes, the rim size and offset is cast into the wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts