GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I'm a bit confused about the suspension. For the standard 18" rims, do you still get a rear stabilizer bar? If you order the 19" rims, are the springs stiffer/stabilizer bar larger?

Thanks!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I can't speak to the specific differences, but I do know that the suspension setup is different for the 19's. I was trying to get my hands on an Acadia that had the color combo and options that I wanted, in time for a family trip, back in early May, and the dealer located one that had everything I wanted, but had the 18's. After much wrangling, I was told it was not adviseable to switch out the rims because the suspension was different. At that point, I custom ordered an '07, right at the cutoff of May 9th, even though I warned the (clueless) salesperson that the order would likely not go through. Can't complain, though, I ended up with the same deal on an '08.

·
Registered
117 Posts
As far as I know there is no difference in the suspension set-up from 18" to 19". The talk on that Saturn thread is hearsay at best.

Now- if you upgarade to the GM accessory 20" wheel (RVO25), then you are supposed to also buy and intstall a "stablizier bar" for about $140 or so. Since this part number is independent if you are coming from 18's or 19's, I can't imagine there is difference in the original factory set-ups.

·
Registered
284 Posts
It's actually all the same, as far as number and type of pieces, I believe it's JUST a THICKER rear sway bar. I.E., the models with 18's have one too, it's just made a hair beefier for the larger wheel models.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts