GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
March 17 2008. My SLT 1 is one year and one week old today 18892 miles !!! Live in Minnestota and it has been a cold long winter. I had a suspension noise that sounded like a loose shock only when cold and over bumpy roads. It went away when above 28 degrees.
Took it to my dealer and they found bulletin # 070308006 Replaced E3927 Mount Assembly, Front Strut Bearing. They replaced both Tech said they have had quite a few of these!! Part #25874561 Also said E brake cable rubbing adjusted same. Nice weather now so no nosies hope they got it. Love car er cross over getting 17.2 city and 22.8 Hwy.

Denny

·
Registered
683 Posts
Interesting...I have been noticing a noise in the front suspension lately too. Picked mine up in March 2007 and live in Chicago. Haven't noticed if it went away above a certain temp. I'll have to keep listening and see if I need more TSBs done. Going in for the Brake pedal/Fluid squeal and under-engine shields soon. Just waiting on parts to come in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Suspension Noise

Have had mine back to the dealer three times on this issue. There's a crunchy, rubbing type noise when turning in front end. 1st service writer called it loose trim!! Wrong! Doesn't happen all the time. 2nd time, better service writer, they ordered and replaced strut mounts. Then when it happened again, they said it was dust cover at strut mount? that had to be adjusted? Was ok, for about a week, and starting again.
I have to take it back for steering column replacement as the technician rode with me to find crunch noise and noticed the steering noise- low whine?

·
Registered
72 Posts
any new info on this issue? I have been experiencing the same problem on my relatively-new-to-me 2009 Acadia since it got cold outside. It's annoying.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My strut mounts were replaced under warranty for this problem just last month. I had raised the noise issue with the service manager 3 times (admittedly only at the regular maintenance appointments) and he finally agreed there was a noise. It was most noticeable when the suspension was compressing ~ like the down-side of a speed bump~ and seems to have been resolved with the new mounts.

L.S.

·
Registered
72 Posts
your description seems to fit the bill of what I'm experiencing. I'll have to bring that up after we get back from our Christmas travels. 1600 miles over 8 days. Good thing the Acadia has comfortable seats!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just replaced the front struts at 79000Km. Sadly, not on warranty, though I brought it in earlier in 09 for noise (squeak) on the front end, a seasonal checkup and oil change (at under 60000KM). There was nothing on the sheet about checking the struts. They told me at that time that struts do get dirty and squeak. It had been happening since at least late '08. I do have a bit (1/2 mile) of gravel driving, park in gravel lot all day, so that sounded reasonable. Seemed to happen more in cold weather too (and Canada is well-known for that).

All you March 07 AWD build date owners, take note, get it in before the warranty is up if you hear front end squeak when going over something like a speedbump at low speeds (and save yourself a grand).

Still love my truck though + am buying out the lease in three weeks. Hopefully this is the end of the problems for a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts