GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is true that the Supplier price is not negotiable and so for instance I couldn't get one dealer to come lower than another going that route?

Is Supplier pricing generally better than negotiating without it?

I've recived 37,600 as a price for supplier plus any discounts at the time of pickup. I think right now I can only get 750 if the current deals hold out until we pick it up in couple more weeks. maybe there will be april discounts then :) :)

Anyway, I'm new to trying to find the best deal since I can't use our primary dealer who gives us good deals on Chevy.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Supplier pricing is not negotiable. It generally gets you in the ballpark of where you could get with pretty decent negotiating skills on your own, however, but without the hassle. A few here have gotten all the way down to invoice before incentives/rebates, which is a bit better than supplier pricing, but that's pretty rare on Acadias right now, since they are moving just fine.

When we purchased ours, all the rebates were still active and we got Supplier pricing, $1000 conquest bonus and the $500 cash back offer. Many on here have said that it's not possible to get supplier PLUS rebates, so I'm guessing the dealer simply "lowered" his selling price to equal the supplier pricing without telling us, then gave us the rebates.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
admin said:
Supplier pricing is not negotiable. It generally gets you in the ballpark of where you could get with pretty decent negotiating skills on your own, however, but without the hassle. A few here have gotten all the way down to invoice before incentives/rebates, which is a bit better than supplier pricing, but that's pretty rare on Acadias right now, since they are moving just fine.

When we purchased ours, all the rebates were still active and we got Supplier pricing, $1000 conquest bonus and the $500 cash back offer. Many on here have said that it's not possible to get supplier PLUS rebates, so I'm guessing the dealer simply "lowered" his selling price to equal the supplier pricing without telling us, then gave us the rebates.
Thanks. Yeah you dealer I'm thinking we will go with did state that I could get the otehr incentives on top of supplier :) which is 750 now but I think they both will expire before it gets here. I wish that I didn't have 3 GMs right now so I could get the extra 1000 :( Wish I could find a loophole to get it ..

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yep, Supplier is non-negotiable, but usually a strong deal and doesn't require any haggling--and it also mandates a limit on certain other advertising and doc. fees, I believe. From it, you can subtract any and all valid rebates.

As for getting conquest cash, it's really not that much in the whole scheme of things on a $30k+ vehicle, but oddly enough I have known one person who went and bought a $100 used junker just so he could have proof of a non-GM vehicle to get it. Not worth the effort, IMHO, but it has been done...

·
Registered
183 Posts
admin said:

I had a similair situation. I have access to supplier pricing, but could not use Conquest with it. When I explained the situation to the dealer, we re-did all the numbers - he got down to pretty close to the Supplier price on his own, letting me use the $1000 Conquest from GM. All depends how much your dealer wants to sell you a car. (btw, that's one of my favorite lines to use on a car dealer when they claim they can't do any more..."Why don't you want to sell me a car today?" )

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
JohnFitz said:
That's one of my favorite lines to use on a car dealer when they claim they can't do any more..."Why don't you want to sell me a car today?"
LOL I love it. :clap:

Kelly

·
Registered
166 Posts
admin said:

We got ours for Invoice plus all incentives that were in February. Our dealer sells all their cars at invoice, so we didn't have to negotiate

·
Registered
425 Posts
We got ours for Invoice plus all incentives that were in February. Our dealer sells all their cars at invoice, so we didn't have to negotiate
What dealer did you go to (incl city/state)?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts