GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is supplier partnership pricing? Can you do better than the SP pricing? Is it related to invoicing? What is the difference to family pricing?

Any other tips on pricing.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Never heard of that term specifically, but I would very much bet that it's just the same Supplier pricing as always, just with an extra name tacked on by someone. With GM, there's only MSRP, Invoice, Supplier, and GMS--that's it. The first two are given, Supplier is around invoice if you qualify either by work or with a certificate, and GMS is significantly less than invoice and only had by GM employees or their family.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I was refering to supplier pricing. What is the spread of each of the catagories talked about above?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the 4% just what it is in the US?

Did he indicate what and if he would tell you invoice pricing?

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Yup, that's about the same as the US. Here, my MSRP was about $36,400, Supplier was $34,191, invoice around $33,700. I never saw GMS pricing, but I think it would have been around $32,700

·
Registered
32 Posts
Canuck said:

[/quote

The 4% over invoice is that price for Canadian suppliers.

The dealer won't volunteer his cost (invoice price). He knew that I knew his invoice price and told me about the 4% to suppliers when I offered him less than that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Canuck said:

The 4% over invoice is that price for Canadian suppliers.

The dealer won't volunteer his cost (invoice price). He knew that I knew his invoice price and told me about the 4% to suppliers when I offered him less than that.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Secam,

Teh numbers Admin noted above wa that the supplier pricing was only 1.3% above invoice. The MSRP is 8% above invoice. the % may change depending on options etc.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Canuck said:
Secam,

Teh numbers Admin noted above wa that the supplier pricing was only 1.3% above invoice. The MSRP is 8% above invoice. the % may change depending on options etc.
Maybe Admin had a typo. He agrees with the 4% but as you correctly noted, the mark up for suppliers he is quoting is far below that. My dealer just said that "suppliers get 4% over invoice and we don't go below that for anyone on a high demand vehicle".

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can get the supplier deal but I was looking for the range I may work within. Sounds like Invoice(get the right one) then the worst I can do is 4% over. Now all I have to wait for is to compare the Enclave to an 2008 Acadia and good financing and I can get a new ride.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Canuck said:
I can get the supplier deal but I was looking for the range I may work within. Sounds like Invoice(get the right one) then the worst I can do is 4% over. Now all I have to wait for is to compare the Enclave to an 2008 Acadia and good financing and I can get a new ride.
Well, they wouldn't give me 4% over invoice, so good luck to ya.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
My previous numbers were rough estimates based on memory. My original reply (the first reply in the thread) to the prices paid thread is:
------
Purchased: FEB 2, 2007
Dealership: J Koons of Vienna, VA
Model: 2007 SLT1 (see signature)
MSRP: $36,154
Invoice: $33,621
Incentives: Supplier Pricing, Conquest bonus, $500 Acadia rebate, $500 off for mileage (900 miles on it)
Price Paid: $32,191 ($1430 or 4% below invoice)
------
Now I got exactly $2000 in rebates and incentives on the final price, so our Supplier pricing was $34,191 (I had that one exactly right). That appears to be about 1.7% above invoice. I don't really think that Supplier pricing is a completely fixed percentage above invoice. I priced literally 50-75 vehicles through gmbuypower.com using my supplier code when we were researching and the percentage differed each time. Now it could be that it's 4% above invoice on the base price, but I think each option has a different amount. It could be that some more expensive options (like the DVD, NAV etc) can really bring that total number down.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That is interesting on the subject of options. The 4% over invoice is on the base then the options could be less make the overall less.

Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts