GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Long time reader, first time registree & poster. ...

Anywho - my wife and I purchased our '08 Acadia this past Wednesday. It's a Blue-Gold AWD SLT-1 with power liftgate, heater washer fluid, cargo package, convenience package & DVD entertainment (overhead). So far, we love it!

... but I do have a question ...

When I initially contacted the dealer via the Web, as well as in person, I indicated that I work for a GM Supplier and intend to use Supplier pricing. I noticed that the "lead" sheet from their "Internet manager" had Supplier written on it in big, bold letters.

Anyway - we purchased the vehicle, and I *thought* I paid the supplier price. The price on the bill of sale is $37,989.00. After returning home, I checked my paperwork, and as it turns out, the Supplier price for the vehicle should be $37,225.03. That's a $753.97 differential.

I also logged into the Supplier website, and it appears that my authorization number has NOT been used.

At this point, I've sent an email out to the dealer's "Internet Manager". I'm going to wait to see what she says, but my question I guess is, what would you do in this situation? I feel I was bait-and-switched, and hopefully the Internet Manager can make it right. She seemed like a very nice person (and no, she wasn't the salesperson I dealt with.), so I hope she takes care of this.

What do you think?

Thanks!

--Dennis

·
Registered
166 Posts
Might it be a destination charge (which I think is included in supplier pricing) or the dreaded "Advertising?"

You should be able to see the price on the supplier pricing website.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, it isn't the dest charge - that was included in the supplier pricing. My understanding is that the advertising fee is included in supplier pricing, which is the primary difference between supplier & employee pricing .... anyone who's more familiar with the pricing, please, chime in! :)

·
Registered
487 Posts
I've used supplier price on two cars and you should just pay what it says on the invoice sheet they show you. There should be no extra charges.

·
Registered
166 Posts
dmurphy said:
Unfortunately, it isn't the dest charge - that was included in the supplier pricing. My understanding is that the advertising fee is included in supplier pricing, which is the primary difference between supplier & employee pricing .... anyone who's more familiar with the pricing, please, chime in! :)
Yeah - I knew all that (I've used supplier pricing three times), just suggesting things for what it MIGHT be. Dealerships have been known to make errors, which I believe is why you're here. Sorry I'm not "more familiar!" Sheesh!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah - I knew all that (I've used supplier pricing three times), just suggesting things for what it MIGHT be. Dealerships have been known to make errors, which I believe is why you're here. Sorry I'm not "more familiar!" Sheesh!
Oh gosh, my deepest apologies if that felt like an insult -- it certainly wasn't meant that way!! What I meant was that anyone who's more familiar than I am with the supplier pricing, please, feel free to jump into the discussion!

Yikes - I'm really sorry. Didn't mean any disrespect at all.... Sorry, I guess I was in a hurry earlier and didn't proofread what I wrote!

Mea culpa!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well, so goes one of the issues with posting online. It's hard to tell tone of voice. Had those exact words been said in person, it probably would have been easy to tell. I've had the same thing happen to me (someone took something the wrong way). You'd think I would've learned that! No worries!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, small update from the dealer this morning ...

They said that it actually works in my favor this way, because with Supplier pricing, I'm not eligible for incentives. We received $500 in cash back, and $500 CONQUEST rebate, instead of the extra $750 off w/ supplier pricing. Is that accurate?

Thanks!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Not sure on that. Supplier pricing is still eligible for MOST incentives. Should still be eligible for the consumer cash incentive ($500). The only one I know of that is not eligible is the Recent Grad incentive (which is why I didn't use Supplier this time around).

Did a quick Google search, and it appears Conquest cannot be combined w/ supplier. However, the other $500 (assuming that's consumer cash) is combinable.

From the Supplier Pricing website:
"And don’t forget – you can also combine your GM Supplier Discount with most current incentives available in your region to receive the maximum value possible!"

Might not hurt to ask about the $1000 Loyalty cash if you already own a GM product.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello all first time poster here. I just purchased a 2008 Acadia SLE last week and I was also able to get supplier pricing as well as the $500 incentive and the $500 conquest? I believe it was conquest. They shouldn't have charged you the extra $750 all incentives should have come off the supplier price.

·
Registered
70 Posts
dmurphy said:

They said that it actually works in my favor this way, because with Supplier pricing, I'm not eligible for incentives. We received $500 in cash back, and $500 CONQUEST rebate, instead of the extra $750 off w/ supplier pricing. Is that accurate?

Thanks!
You are thinking on the right track here. Conquest is not compatible with supplier pricing. Even though you paid a little bit more than invoice, you probably saved more money in taxes than the more that they charged you. I am on my second order for an Acadia and the dealership worked out all the number and it worked better for us to have them sell it $500 over invoice and be able to use the conquest $500 rebate with the way the taxes work with Supplier pricing. Don't ask me how the taxes work, but even though you pay invoice(or +/-$100) with supplier pricing, you get taxed on more than that. Just call your finance manager and have them walk through it. Just calmly state your concern since the supplier pricing code wasn't used and they should be able to walk you through it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ajallenusmc said:
Hello all first time poster here. I just purchased a 2008 Acadia SLE last week and I was also able to get supplier pricing as well as the $500 incentive and the $500 conquest? I believe it was conquest. They shouldn't have charged you the extra $750 all incentives should have come off the supplier price.
Sounds like you got a GREAT deal then... Very awesome!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
skibum69 said:
dmurphy said:

Thanks!
You are thinking on the right track here. Conquest is not compatible with supplier pricing. Even though you paid a little bit more than invoice, you probably saved more money in taxes than the more that they charged you. I am on my second order for an Acadia and the dealership worked out all the number and it worked better for us to have them sell it $500 over invoice and be able to use the conquest $500 rebate with the way the taxes work with Supplier pricing. Don't ask me how the taxes work, but even though you pay invoice(or +/-$100) with supplier pricing, you get taxed on more than that. Just call your finance manager and have them walk through it. Just calmly state your concern since the supplier pricing code wasn't used and they should be able to walk you through it.
This is some very sagely advice. I received two phone calls today from the dealership after emailing my concern yesterday. They explained the entire process to me, and apologized for not being clearer when I bought the vehicle about how it would work.

Thanks for all the advice everyone - as it turns out, things work better in my favor this way. Of course, I'd rather have the supplier price AND the conquest AND the customer cash rebates, but hey - I still love the Acadia, right? ;-)

The dealer, in case anyone in the NJ area needs to purchase an Acadia, is Green Brook Pontiac/Buick/GMC/Hummer. I'd highly recommend them - they took very good care of me, and again, resolved all of my questions to my satisfaction.

Thanks all!

--Dennis

·
Registered
166 Posts
Not sure if you are still "in this place," but I just received an email that they are offering an additional $1000 cash back to gm suppliers in addition to all current incentives and owner cash.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I received that offer as well but Acadia not on the eligible vehicle list...go figure.

·
Registered
166 Posts
SEL said:
I received that offer as well but Acadia not on the eligible vehicle list...go figure.
Really?  Where did you see that?

**EDIT*** Aaahhh... the "attached flyer." Geez. Calls out the exclusions on the email, but fails to mention ALL of the other exculsions. Nice.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
kanderna said:
SEL said:
Really? Where did you see that?

**EDIT*** Aaahhh... the "attached flyer." Geez. Calls out the exclusions on the email, but fails to mention ALL of the other exculsions. Nice.
It seems that almost all of the incentives are never available on the Acadia... I guess that's the price we pay for buying one of the best GM vehicles in the last few decades. :)

So we're at a week and a half now, and I'm still thrilled with the vehicle. I really couldn't be happier!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I wish everyone at the Lansing plant would kiss and make nice....I want my Acadia built!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts