• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I struggled with the question of whether to buy the sunroof. What did you decide?

Kelly

·
Registered
364 Posts
My decision was easy. I told my wife I did not think the sun roof was worth $1300 and I didn't think I'd like a big skylight over the rear seats. My wife said "I want the sun roof". I immediately called the dealer and had the it added to the order. See--easy decision.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I must be in the minority - my wife absolutely does not want the sunroof. When she found out it was a $1300 option, she wanted it even less. I'm pretty indifferent so....no sunroof for us. ;)

·
Registered
626 Posts
I did not want the sunroofs at all. Could have saved $1300 and would have been cooler in the summer. Have a 02 PT W/roof & never use it.

But right now everything I could find online that was equiped Nice.....had the darn sunroofs.

I'll have to get used to it I guess. Tonight I had to take some stuff from my trade in back to the dealer. 90 mile round trip. Has been raining all day & been 66-70 degrees, too cool for the A/C so I opened up the Vent roof to pull some fresh air through. I guess it will work for that and to let the 100 degrees out in the summer when it's been closed up all day.

We'll see in a couple of months.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've never had a car without a sunroof, so it was an absolute must for me! My only concern is that it doesn't have a black-out shade, just a tinted shade that they claim will keep out 95% of the sun. Hopefully the last 5% of sun that doesn't get blocked during the hot, humid Georgia months won't be too must to roast me! I think the dual roof is very cool. My friends are excited...guess who's driving us to Florida this summer...

·
Registered
166 Posts
002 said:
My decision was easy. I told my wife I did not think the sun roof was worth $1300 and I didn't think I'd like a big skylight over the rear seats. My wife said "I want the sun roof". I immediately called the dealer and had the it added to the order. See--easy decision.
That sounds a lot like how ours got ordered too! ;D

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My situation is a little different. My Acadia will be my work vehicle. Our procurement department insists that all vehicles be purchased with a sunroof. They say it increases resale value and decreases resale time.

Kelly

·
Registered
143 Posts
Probably will order an Acadia without a sunroof. We never use the sunroof in our other vehicle, so I can not justify the extra cost.

·
Registered
26 Posts

That sounds a lot like how ours got ordered too!
Ours too!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Although it was standard itmen in both of my vehicles, i will still spend the money to get it in the Acadia. I don't open it that much, but I like the sunlight on my face, I feel like driving convertable without the wind ;)

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
coopermine said:
I feel like driving convertable without the wind ;)
My Saab spoiled that. Nothing like a vert. MIss it so. Sunroofs are OK but you get spoiled with no top. :sigh:

·
Registered
179 Posts
We did not order the sunroof. have one now. Find the wind noise discouraging, and my toddler in the back gets the brunt of the breeze and asks me to "stop the wind, its blowing my hair!." Or, "I can't hear my music!" It was a no brainer for my husband and I.

·
Premium Member
15,751 Posts
Out of 186 votes; 112 said they would buy the sunroof; I wonder what those numbers would be now

·
Registered
563 Posts
I chose not to get a sunroof for the following reasons:
1-lowers the headroom front and rear.
2-worried about waterleaks and rattles
3-sunscreen at rear sunroof could be easily damaged by my kids
4-cost

Bobby

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
jsimms said:
Out of 186 votes; 112 said they would buy the sunroof; I wonder what those numbers would be now
Instead of mining a thread over two years old it would be a better idea to start a new one or a poll if this is an actual concern. Most of the people that posted on this back in February 2007 are no longer active here.

Thread locked.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.