GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else with a 2017+ Acadia with the dual sunroof experiencing a rattle with the panel? Our rear sunroof panel rattles when we are driving down the road. I need to take our Acadia to the dealer anyway to have them address what appears to be an alignment issue. I’m hoping that’s covered under warranty since this was a demo unit and we’ve noticed that issue since we got it home last week.

·
Super Moderator
19,649 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem concerning warranty coverage of your car. It might cover the alignment issue, too. Hope your dealer has a good 'squeak and rattle' tech.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The closest GMC dealer to us isn’t the one we purchased it from. We found ours at a dealer over an hour away. I know they will cover the sunroof under warranty but I am hoping they will cover the alignment issue under warranty considering it’s a demo. Would they be able to see that in the system?

·
Super Moderator
19,649 Posts
They should be able to see what any GM service center has done with the car if the dealer's on the GM service computer network. There are certain provisions in the new car warranty which cover alignment issues at least one time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had an issue with my rear sunroof rattling. Turned out it was the actual frame that holds the rear glass attached to the roof. There are two 10mm bolts attaching it to the roof near where the clips hold the headliner at the front left and right corners, you have to pull the headliner down a bit to see them. I squeezed a 1/4 drive with a 10mm in there and tightened the bolts about a 1/4 turn, the noise is gone now. I could tell that was it by pushing down on the metal frame above the latch, where the insulation is stuck on, it would click each time I touched it letting me know it was loose.

Took me a while to track that one down, been silent since.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Waiting at the dealer now for them to address the sunroof rattle along with an issue with the steering wheel. Ever since we bought our Acadia we noticed we have to turn the steering wheel a little to the left to keep it driving straight.

I’m also having them look at the blind spot monitoring lights as it looks like on both sides in different places the car logo is not lighting up.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Crap. The service advisor just stopped by and told me his tech isn’t hearing the rattle. I didn’t hear it either on the way. We hear it in the afternoon and evenings and I’m wondering if the heat has anything to do with it?

·
Super Moderator
19,649 Posts
Crap. The service advisor just stopped by and told me his tech isn’t hearing the rattle. I didn’t hear it either on the way. We hear it in the afternoon and evenings and I’m wondering if the heat has anything to do with it?
Catalog everything you can regarding occurrence of the rattle when you hear it again. On your next service visit, discuss those conditions with the adviser (and tech, if possible). I went though the "We don't hear it" thing on one of my cars. Before I left the service center, I took the tech and adviser out to the parking lot and duplicated the noise for them. I drove away with the rattle repaired.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Steering/alignment issue is fixed. It wasn't out of alignment and the tech said he could tell the steering wheel was off to the left just a bit so that has been corrected. The right mirror is on order to fix the blind spot light. The left has an issue (I think) where the top of the "car" has a line through it so I'm not sure if that's the mirror or just how it's designed. The right one doesn't have that.

The sunroof panel started rattling again the closer I got home which is right about when the temperature started rising. I will take a video of it with my phone this afternoon to document it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Greetings, I read a while back that when the body changed from the 2016 GMC Arcadia's to the 2017 etc, all **** broke loose. My 2013 had two major issues right at the 3 year mark. The A/C System had to be repaired and an oil pan leak. Also, the previous models to the 2013 had many issues. I really like my 2013, but would never upgrade to the new GMC Arcadia's until Q/C was enhanced. To the harveyfamily, the dealer should fix all of your issues otherwise, contact GMC Corporate. Best of Luck to All.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you! Still waiting for the RH mirror to arrive at the dealership. I have it on video now the rattle so hopefully if it doesn't do it for them I can play the video to have some sort of proof.

·
Registered
6 Posts
does it rattle when the shade is open? Mine would rattle more in cold weather and only with the shade closed. They finally figured out where it was coming from and put some felt tape to stop the vibration.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where did you place the felt tape? Have a picture? I have this rattle on both of my sunroof shades whether they're open or closed. Taking it in to the dealership soon but prepping for them "not being able to replicate" the sound :smile_big:

does it rattle when the shade is open? Mine would rattle more in cold weather and only with the shade closed. They finally figured out where it was coming from and put some felt tape to stop the vibration.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My
I have a 2018 and have the rattle. Mine rattles when it is cold - first thing in the morning. Once it heats up the rattle goes away. Did you ever figure out how to fix the rattle?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where did you place the felt tape? Have a picture? I have this rattle on both of my sunroof shades whether they're open or closed. Taking it in to the dealership soon but prepping for them "not being able to replicate" the sound :smile_big:
Did you ever get this rattle to go away? I have the same issue with my 2018 Acadia and it is driving me nuts!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts