GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They opened a Mike's Car Wash a few months back in my area. It's a drive-thru car wash, it's super fast, and they do a fantastic job. I've taken the car in there numerous times this winter. However, over the weekend, I had the radio turned off. When I went through the large blowers that help dry the car, I noticed the sunroof was getting sucked up a bit. In fact, about four times, the sunroof seal "broke". Once I went a little further down on the conveyor belt, the sunroof laid flat again. Has anyone experienced this? I have read numerous stories where sunroofs are leaking...but I find this a bit odd.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes,
My sunroof does this with very strong car wash blowers. I think it is normal. It's better than on my Civic where you'd swear the roof was going to vibrate itself off and take flight.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The sunroof has a "compression" seal so anything that has the ability to suck or push air at a high volume will move the sunroof.
Try this: Shut all of the doors and windows. Open a door and when shutting it observe the sunroof. It will move up a little.

A majority of the sunroof leaks were caused by sunroof drain tubes not being long enough.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Other things can cause this same effect. I have a problem with my Thule box causing the sunroof to lose its seal at freeway speeds.

Kelly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts