Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2009 Traverse- No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In response to the voluminous water leak thread, I am creating a poll for members to vote so we can see the extent of our membership's issues. I request only owners of factory sunroof vehicles respond. The options are simple- vote yes or no based on model and year. If you make a mistake you can change your vote. There is no time limit on this poll.

Water leak issues can be discussed in the above linked thread, if you have a question about this poll please post it here. I will delete any unrelated responses/comments in this thread- please limit posts to questions about the poll.

There is 1 vote per registered user. If you own or have owned two Lambda vehicles with factory sunroofs, you will only be able to vote for one- I don't have any way around this, so it is your call as to which one gets the vote. If you are a guest reading this and it applies, please register and vote. Since we want clean data, please note that we screen IP addresses here and it is not permitted to create a duplicate account so as to influence the voting.

·
Registered
79 Posts
...sorry BLUE, I put this in the wrong thread initially.....This sunroof water leak poll you initiated is not seeing much traffic and I know there are more folks w/ this problem. Is there any way to get more visibility for this poll...I think there are 17 votes and 53 views, which means there are are a whole heap of lazy members who read the poll but didn't lift a finger.

I found this other poll addressing the same issue w/ the leaks. It had 224 votes and the majority had sunroofs which leaked. See what you can do.....

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1956.0

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Texicb said:
...sorry BLUE, I put this in the wrong thread initially.....This sunroof water leak poll you initiated is not seeing much traffic and I know there are more folks w/ this problem. Is there any way to get more visibility for this poll...I think there are 17 votes and 53 views, which means there are are a whole heap of lazy members who read the poll but didn't lift a finger.

I found this other poll addressing the same issue w/ the leaks. It had 224 votes and the majority had sunroofs which leaked. See what you can do.....

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1956.0
I can't take out an ad during a sporting event. :) Making it a sticky is the best we can do for visibility. As with searching vs posting and reading the posts above yours before replying, we can't compel members to do some things around here. Many who read it may not have the sunroof and as such can't vote, but visit new threads to see what they contain. Keep in mind also that we have just a fraction of Acadia owners present here. Admin & the moderators are working on weeding out Spam accounts, which we estimate are a not so good percentage of the 8K or so registered members here. GM has sold 152,193 Acadias since inception and 326,089 total Lambda models. If we have 33% Spam members, then we are only looking at a maximum of about 5K+ members. Some of them are still shopping for a vehicle and (wisely) have come here to research it, others own an Enclave or Outlook so it would not be a stretch to say we have 5,000 Acadia owners here of 152,193 sold units. This represents about 3.3% of total sales.

The other poll dates back to August 2007 through November 2008 and is not year-specific, so there is no way to combine the data with this one, although that one has data that may be relevant. This poll after time will generate very specific data so as to hopefully narrow the problem to certain years.

I might suggest you join the other Lambda forums and link the poll there- they are welcome to come here, register, and vote since there are votes for each model and year it was produced.

EDIT
We have a member here mkaresh that operates a vehicle reliability website (I think it is called True Delta?). If you PM him, he may be able to provide some relevant data for you as well.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
It is called True Delta; every month you answer questions about maintenance done on your vehicle.

·
Registered
79 Posts
jsimms said:
It is called True Delta; every month you answer questions about maintenance done on your vehicle.
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
I can't take out an ad during a sporting event. :) Making it a sticky is the best we can do for visibility. As with searching vs posting and reading the posts above yours before replying, we can't compel members to do some things around here. Many who read it may not have the sunroof and as such can't vote, but visit new threads to see what they contain. Keep in mind also that we have just a fraction of Acadia owners present here. Admin & the moderators are working on weeding out Spam accounts, which we estimate are a not so good percentage of the 8K or so registered members here. GM has sold 152,193 Acadias since inception and 326,089 total Lambda models. If we have 33% Spam members, then we are only looking at a maximum of about 5K+ members. Some of them are still shopping for a vehicle and (wisely) have come here to research it, others own an Enclave or Outlook so it would not be a stretch to say we have 5,000 Acadia owners here of 152,193 sold units. This represents about 3.3% of total sales.

The other poll dates back to August 2007 through November 2008 and is not year-specific, so there is no way to combine the data with this one, although that one has data that may be relevant. This poll after time will generate very specific data so as to hopefully narrow the problem to certain years.

I might suggest you join the other Lambda forums and link the poll there- they are welcome to come here, register, and vote since there are votes for each model and year it was produced.

EDIT
We have a member here mkaresh that operates a vehicle reliability website (I think it is called True Delta?). If you PM him, he may be able to provide some relevant data for you as well.
Thanks BLUE....I knew that would be the answer and I realize there are boundaries in place....just very frustrated w/ GM response and accountability on this leak issue. Also, the more this forum can consolidate "like" threads, the better if this information is to be used for legal purposes.

Thanks again,

Tex

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think the poll question is not worded correctly. My 2007 Acadia DID have a sun roof leak (due to undersized drain lines, I think), but it was corrected under warranty. It DOES not leak now.

The poll question only asks if it leaks now. Mine doesn't.

·
Registered
635 Posts
My 07 Outlook does/did and that is the one Outlook vote on this thread. Since we can only vote once I will say here that my 09 Acadia does not. Two major storms in a week and hardly a drop in the drain pan as well. :thumb: So one yes and one no.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TJeff said:
I think the poll question is not worded correctly. My 2007 Acadia DID have a sun roof leak (due to undersized drain lines, I think), but it was corrected under warranty. It DOES not leak now.

The poll question only asks if it leaks now. Mine doesn't.
Thanks for the input Jeff.

The poll is rather lengthy, and to add several more options for each model & year would overly complicate the poll and probably take up a full page. The question was does it leak? You did the right thing here by describing your successful repair in a post, as did khansen in listing his two vehicles (since he can only vote once). This rounds out the info a little bit since we have members that have had the repair made and it actually leaked worse.

We could have another poll regarding if it did leak, was the repair successful? Since there has not been a lot of response (34 as of now) on this one, I don't see the need. Members can post a poll about any Lambda related topic they choose though.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Well, I went in and changed my vote from no to yes. We had water coming in from the 3rd row, driver side seat belt slot this morning. I don't know what was different from this rain event vs. earlier ones on why it starting leaking today but never before, but we are part of the leak club now. Taking the vehicle in tomorrow a.m. :eek:hno:

EDIT[/color]
Resolved here: http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4311.msg74730#msg74730

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Guys,

I'm the sole 2009 Enclave "No" vote at this point. In that forum there have been no 2009 reported leaks - although that doesn't mean they haven't occurred - Just not to the frequency the 2008-07's have issues.

I sure do hope there is some positve resolution to all these problems.......... but with the absolute upheaval at the corporate level, I don't think many people care there about anything other than job preservation at this point.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Voted Yes. We just got a leak coming from the passenger side pillar between the door and the glove compartment. I noticed a few drops after the last rainy days we had around here. I took it to the dealer already and they did the recall fix. Now let's see if the problem is fixed.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Chop-Chop said:
Voted Yes. We just got a leak coming from the passenger side pillar between the door and the glove compartment. I noticed a few drops after the last rainy days we had around here. I took it to the dealer already and they did the recall fix. Now let's see if the problem is fixed.
Did they extend your drain tubes?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Watch carefully... I had a leak, thought it was the sunroof, but mine was more in the glovebox/door pillar area. Had the recall done... still leaked. Geo posted the following TSB which I printed out, took to the dealer and they found that it was exactly the problem I was having. Fixed it, and no more leaks ever since.

Thank you Geo! :thumb:

#08-08-57-003A: Floor Wet Under Carpet/Engine Continues to Run with Key Off/Possible No Crank/No Start/Communication Loss/Various Electrical Concerns (Seal Seam) - (Jun 2, 2008)

Subject: Floor Wet Under Carpet/Engine Continues to Run with Key Off/Possible No Crank/No Start/Communication Loss/Various Electrical Concerns (Seal Seam)

Models: 2008 Buick Enclave
2007-2008 GMC Acadia
2007-2008 Saturn OUTLOOK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin is being revised to add information to the Subject and Conditon statements. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 08-08-57-003 (Section 08 -- Body and Accessories).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition
• Right front floor is wet under carpet.
• A leak on the IP BEC could cause various electrical concerns such as: Engine Continues to Run with Key Off/Possible No Crank/No Start/Communication Loss/Various Electrical Concerns.
• This leak may also cause some communication issues between certain electrical modules due to water dripping on the IP BEC.

Cause

Water from the right front sunroof drain hose exits the vehicle through the plenum (upper arrow) and may re-enter through the un-sealed seam at the front of the dash. Refer to lower arrow in the illustration.

Correction

Remove the windshield wipers and cowl screen where sealing repair is to be done.
In order to verify the waterleak, run a small amount of water into the square hole inside the cowl while looking at the IP BEC.
Allow the water to dry and proceed to step 4.

Seal the seam INSIDE the opening at the bottom and to the right and left of the arrows in the illustration. Seal the full length of the dotted line. Seal the seam with P/N 12378500 (in Canada, use P/N 10952233) Medium Body Seam Sealing Compound or equivalent.

·
Registered
423 Posts
jsimms said:
Did they extend your drain tubes?
When I aksed what to do if it continues to leak, here are their words.

"Your drain tubes were disconnected. The tubes were replaced with bigger tubbing.
It shuold not leak anymore"

We'll see. Unfortunantly in my area we are at the end of the rain season. I hope it
rains again so I can test the fix.

tm59,

I did not experience any of those issues well except the dripping water droplets on the right pillar but none of the others. I'll keep your recommendation in mind just in case. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have never experienced any leaking, I know that I took the car in for an oil change and they put in new plumbing for the sun roof (also replaced as the interior molding that they damage when removing)....but I never knew it was such an issue

·
Registered
370 Posts
tm59 said:
Watch carefully... I had a leak, thought it was the sunroof, but mine was more in the glovebox/door pillar area. Had the recall done... still leaked. Geo posted the following TSB which I printed out, took to the dealer and they found that it was exactly the problem I was having. Fixed it, and no more leaks ever since.

Thank you Geo! :thumb:

#08-08-57-003A: Floor Wet Under Carpet/Engine Continues to Run with Key Off/Possible No Crank/No Start/Communication Loss/Various Electrical Concerns (Seal Seam) - (Jun 2, 2008)

Subject: Floor Wet Under Carpet/Engine Continues to Run with Key Off/Possible No Crank/No Start/Communication Loss/Various Electrical Concerns (Seal Seam)

Models: 2008 Buick Enclave
2007-2008 GMC Acadia
2007-2008 Saturn OUTLOOK

This bulletin is being revised to add information to the Subject and Conditon statements. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 08-08-57-003 (Section 08 -- Body and Accessories).

Condition
• Right front floor is wet under carpet.
• A leak on the IP BEC could cause various electrical concerns such as: Engine Continues to Run with Key Off/Possible No Crank/No Start/Communication Loss/Various Electrical Concerns.
• This leak may also cause some communication issues between certain electrical modules due to water dripping on the IP BEC.

Cause

Water from the right front sunroof drain hose exits the vehicle through the plenum (upper arrow) and may re-enter through the un-sealed seam at the front of the dash. Refer to lower arrow in the illustration.

Correction

Remove the windshield wipers and cowl screen where sealing repair is to be done.
In order to verify the waterleak, run a small amount of water into the square hole inside the cowl while looking at the IP BEC.
Allow the water to dry and proceed to step 4.

Seal the seam INSIDE the opening at the bottom and to the right and left of the arrows in the illustration. Seal the full length of the dotted line. Seal the seam with P/N 12378500 (in Canada, use P/N 10952233) Medium Body Seam Sealing Compound or equivalent.
So I had to change my vote from a "No" to a "Yes." I'm a little confused now... had the recall done long before the leak. Dealer told me the tubes needed to be blown out w/ an air compressor now and then. Had the same leak as quoted above and it looks to be more than that. :-\ Will make a note of it & ask again when I go for my next oil change/tire rotation.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had rear moonroof leak repaired on our 2008 at around 20,000 miles.
Rain water came pouring in on our daughter in the second row passenger seat when pulling out of driveway. It drenched her big time. Water was coming in from 2nd row upper seatbelt anchors and overhead light console. Dome light covers filled with water. Headliner was dropped and moonroof sealed. The way I understand it there were some unused/unsealed sheet metal holes left over from an early design change from when a tilt up moonroof bracket was to be used but got changed to the current stationairy sealed moon roof. Anyway No more leaks from moonroof in over a year.

But now at 35,975 miles, the front sunroof has started to leak. Water coming down through driver side visor mounting hole in headliner and behind dash dripping on parking break pedal and floorboard. Water on parking break switch is continually setting off parking break chime and indicator while driving. In shop now for repair. Still love the Acadia and think it's a keeper but it is the first car I've ever bought the GMPP warranty on(Fichtner Cheverolet Laurel, MT 60Mo/72000Mi/$0Deductable $1800)

2008 GMC Acadia SLT-2, FWD, White Diamond Tricoat / Titanium Leather, Heated Seats, 7Pass Seating w/o mid-row console, Dual Sunroofs, Heated Washer, 19" Wheels, Remote Start, XM, Rear Parking Assist, Pwr liftgate, NAV, DVD Entertainment, Tow Pkg, May 8th Trans Update,

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Perhaps Acadias with sunroofs should also come with umbrellas as standard equipment. ;)

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Sounds like clogged drain tubes :shrug:

bigdog,

do you still have the heated washer system installed?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts