GMC Acadia Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
My sunroof latch broke while I was just riding down the road. Sunroof flew open and scared me half to death. Took car to dealer to have it repaired and left it for 3 days. They said that the entire sunroof had to be replaced just because of tiny piece of plastic that latches the sunroof cover (HORRIBLE DESIGN). I called after 3 days and they said "oops, we haven't gotten to it yet". Went and picked it up as we had an out of town trip planned. Rescheduled. Took car back the next week. They kept it 3 days. We called to see what the progress was and this time it was "oops, we ordered the wrong part". Now, we no longer have to replace entire sunroof, just the striker plate and it's on backorder with no ETA. So, I guess they weren't going to call us and just keep the car forever. It's been 3 weeks now and no part, no fix. Anyone else have this probelm with the sunroof latch? Mine is an 2018 Acadia SLT.
Same thing happened to me.
I would like to get the part number for that latch. If anyone can help me locate it or have other options, I’d appreciate.
The car gets super hot with the moon roof constantly open

·
Registered
259 Posts

Here Is what is going on over at the Traverse forum.

If needed latch plates made from Aluminum are a fix. I did that on my old Acadia till they made a stronger front latch. One for the back would be difficult to make if you are a little handy.

I still feel my old Acadia shade had too much tension.

I kept extra latches on hand till I put the aluminum latch on.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts