GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the SUNROOF DEFLECTOR, AND DO YOU HAVE PICTURES TO SEE HOW IT LOOKS WITH THE ACADIA...I am thinking of getting it, and I am not sure if it would look good on the Acadia.....

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have seen the photos in the brochures and a couple of dealer loaded up units with them on (of course they doubled the price for peeling off the sticky tape ::) Really seem too big, if you want the sunroof for the view. My Acadia does not have one on, is noiser than my Crown Vic that has a factory sunroof (the Ford has a bigger factory spring up wind deflector, seems to do a better job than the GM design, but does not block view).
Guess it boils down to individual preferences! :cheers:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hoping to get mine soon. I need it with the wind noise that you get with the roof open as your doing 95 down the highway. I will post pics when I get mine.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Here's ours, still waiting on the hood deflector. With all the bugs and sun in Florida we need all the help we can get.

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
wearefla said:
Here's ours, still waiting on the hood deflector. With all the bugs and sun in Florida we need all the help we can get.
I really like how the deflector look on the roof I do have a concern with the sunroof opening whan the deflector is added.

Being that the sunroof does not retract very far as it is, with adding the deflector how much space of true sun coming through can there be? I am assuming maybe 3 inches. Can you take a picture from the inside with the sunroof open so we can see how much of an opening there is.

I was also thinking about the hood deflector/bug guard too, does any one have pictures of them in the real world. I really like the chrome on the top of the hood, the bug guard would block the chrome and I think it might take away from the look of the front of the vehicle.

·
Registered
425 Posts
The blue-gold in your pictures look incredible on the Acadia. It looks completely different in the shade then it does in direct sunlight. Simply amazing.

·
Registered
105 Posts
6 inches plus clear opening. It does seem to cut down on wind noise, but sorry, I didn't try it at 90mph. We think it looks good, like it belongs there, but to each his/her own. It was relatively simple to install, and also cuts down on glare and heat. Don't know when the hood deflector will be in, dealer thinks they haven't been made or shipped yet (sunroof deflector made in Australia) By the way, I'm Steven, my wife is Vickie, check out our website at www.wearefla.com and if you are ever in Ocala Florida, be sure and stop by and say hi!
We love our Acadia!

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Oh, and thanks for the compliment Fenwah. I had kind of chosen this color before I saw it, my wife wanted brown. But once she saw it, she loved it! It really does look blue, grey, gold or silver depending on the light, angle, body panel. When you look close though, it looks blue grey.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Thank You Steven for taking the time to take the photos of the opening from the inside :thumb:. The opening was bigger than I expected. The Blue Gold is a beautiful color, sharp looking. Looking forward to the pics of the hood deflector.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts