GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you owners may have already found this feature, but I discovered it just last night while sitting in an unlocked Acadia on a dealer lot that I often visit "after hours". I had been disappointed that the sun visor was a single piece of fabric without the "extension" found, for example, in a Yukon or GMC Sierra Truck. The extension is the added "visor in a visor" that allows you to block the sun when it shines beyond the coverage offered by the primary visor. Well, to my surprise, I found that the Acadia's single piece visor actually has about 6-7 inches of horizontal slide on it frame - thus accomplishing the same but with fewer parts.

Just wanted to share that since some of you already driving this cool vehicle may not have discovered this smart feature.

Smooth :cheers:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I cannot wait to go out at lunch time and check this out. I was lamenting yesterday that the visor did not have the cool pull out things. This is the type of thing that I love about this forum. Thanks!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I discovered this by accident. I noticed that there are arrows on the visor (<>) which got me thinking and, sure enough, it slides! It's a very cool feature.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Probably found that out a month after owning the car. I almost never move the visor anyway so had not tried it. Seemed useless when I tried to block the side windw. Then I accidentilly pulled on the visor and voila! They have thought of everything!

·
Registered
662 Posts
It's funny how many things I don't know about the Acadia, and find about them on this forum or by chance. I didn't know until a recent road trip that the lane change feature on the turn signals is "semi-automatic" (my term). Just move the turn signal lever unitl it flashes once and it will continue to flash (3 time I think) even though you have already released the lever.

A small, but cool feature...

·
Registered
403 Posts
I laughed out loud...on a long road trip, I mentioned to my wife, that was the only thing bugging me was there was no extender on the visor for sun on the driver's side. I pushed the visor over to my driver door and was messing with it. I then noticed the small "arrows" on the visor bracket. I pulled it toward me and thought it was the greatest thing! I still think it should go a bit more toward the B pillar, but overall it was much better. :thumb:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Everything old is new again. Before automakers started making double visors and visors with extensions, the simple, single visor slid out along the rod. Of course it didn't have the latch to hold it in place when stowed, or the mirror, or the very tasteful airbag warning sticker. And I had to look for the arrows once they were mentioned above. I'd never have seen them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I know this is an old topic thread....BUT I just had to post about how excited I was to learn that the visors extend. It was bugging the s*%t out of me........I love this forum!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Well thank you for bringing this back up. I'm going on a trip starting tomorrow and I'm going to need the visors! :thumb:

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Never realized that was there. Many thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok..I am going to go check this out right now....seriously...I was missing the two part visor that my expedition had....and if this is correct and mine has this feature, it will be SO cool!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I used it today!!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
:soapbox: Can I say one thing: :beatdown: ....to the salesperson who doesn't show this to the customer. I don't think any of us were shown this feature, because I'm in the same boat, didn't know about it till reading it on the forum a while back. This is crazy that the salespeople are not demonstrating the features of these rides....they are taking shortcuts, and it gets my blood boiling! Since I used to sell cars, I hate to see people taking shortcuts, and NOT doing their JOB. :banghead:

Ok...now since I've ranted a bit....nice feature!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, indeedy...there it was! Slider feature on the sun visor! Wow. And my guy...a 25 year veteran of the dealership...did not really show me ANYTHING about this car. Yes, I said 25 years. Thank you, Acadia Forum! Glad I joined!!!

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
09Enclave said:
:soapbox: Can I say one thing: :beatdown: ....to the salesperson who doesn't show this to the customer. I don't think any of us were shown this feature, because I'm in the same boat, didn't know about it till reading it on the forum a while back. This is crazy that the salespeople are not demonstrating the features of these rides....they are taking shortcuts, and it gets my blood boiling! Since I used to sell cars, I hate to see people taking shortcuts, and NOT doing their JOB. :banghead:

Ok...now since I've ranted a bit....nice feature!
Many of the salespeople barely know where the door handles are.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I'll have to say I got a kick out of seeing several of you learning something new from this old thread. I wrote the post almost two years ago, and that was 13 months before I even bought my '09. Still lovin' my Acadia!

Smooth[/color] <><

1 - 17 of 17 Posts