GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well summer is here, what is everyone using for shading the sun out of your Acadia? I'd love to find a GMC logoed sun shade.

Ryan

·
Registered
132 Posts
We have the heatshield one from Amazon and it works well, easy to use too.

·
Registered
487 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Anybody know if they have come out with any that have the GMC logo printed on them? Not a requirement, just curious.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Anyone know where I can get one with eyes (as in the movie CARS) ?

·
Registered
218 Posts
That would be pretty cool actually.

·
Registered
683 Posts
rudykizuty said:
Anyone know where I can get one with eyes (as in the movie CARS) ?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-Pixar-CARS-Sunshade-for-Auto-New-Rare-WOW_W0QQitemZ110138192698QQcmdZViewItem

Pretty pricey in my opinion and would rather not have the State Farm Logo, of the Cars Logo for that matter.

Here's another one, but I'm sure its not exactly what you were looking for, has too much of the car and not just the eyes...http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/Cars_Movie_Merchandise.html

·
Registered
23 Posts
I used a dealer purchased sun shade that fit my 07 grand prix and it works great. The fit is very good. Thought you should know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
As far as the Eclipse Sun Shades, what size would you use for the Acadia? It is not listed yet.

Thanks!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Brooksb said:
As far as the Eclipse Sun Shades, what size would you use for the Acadia? It is not listed yet.

Thanks!
I'm not positive what size you would use, but if you can find a local dealer I'm sure you could bring one outside and put it up in the windshield to size it up. My brother used to owns a car and truck accessories shop and we do that with new vehicles all the time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
CoverCraft makes a custom fit. Model UVS100. Might have to spec out for Saturn Outlook. Available at carcover-depot.com for $42
Also has custom dash covers.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Autoupgrade.net has a custom cut sunshade for $25.99. I bought one for my Outlook and it is a perfect fit with a cutout for the rearview mirror. Way better than the generics.

·
Registered
659 Posts
JF7FSU said:
Autoupgrade.net has a custom cut sunshade for $25.99. I bought one for my Outlook and it is a perfect fit with a cutout for the rearview mirror. Way better than the generics.
This appears to be the same foil lined one as that mentioned above sold on Amazon. I spoke with that supplier and they mentioned that they make these for a numer of online accessory outlets. The Autoupgrade price beats the Amazon one by a few bucks so it looks like this is the best deal on that type shade at the moment.

·
Registered
25 Posts
mabco66 said:
CoverCraft makes a custom fit. Model UVS100. Might have to spec out for Saturn Outlook. Available at carcover-depot.com for $42
DO NOT ORDER ONE LISTED FOR ACADIA!

I did order the one listed for the Acadia and it does not fit.
2007 GMC Acadia - SKU - UV10025 -- Description: UVS100 Heat Shield --- 42.01
I'm in the process of TRYING to return it. You have to call the number listed on the packing slip and
ask for a "Return Authorization Number". Carcover-depot.com has to contact the manufacture to get a number to give you or so they told me. I called them Monday 9/10 and again on Thursday 9/13 and still do not have a number.
The manager said he would get the number and call me back - this was on Monday.... when I called again on
Thursday he was not there and the person I talked with said he could only put the info on his desk for him to handle first thing Friday morning.... I'm still waiting for a return call with number authorization.

If you run the 2007 Saturn Outlook and 2008 Buick Enclave, you will come up with another number:
2007 Saturn Outlook - SKU - UV11025 -- Description: UVS100 Heat Shield --- 42.01
2008 Buick Enclave - SKU - UV11025 -- Description: UVS100 Heat Shield --- 42.01

Note the different SKU# UV11025 for Outlook/Enclave and SKU#10025 for Acadia -- same price.

Since I'm having trouble with Carcover-depot.com I went to another company:
JNK Products -- http://www.jnkproducts.com/uvs100.htm
and ordered the SKU#UV11025 from them for the same price of 42.01
Note: JNK Products also have the wrong number listed for the Acadia (SKU#10025) This product is sold under the name of "Covercraft" which I have used before and love the one I got for my G35. So beware that any company
that is selling this Covercraft UV100 Heat Shield for the Acadia will probably have the same SKU#UV10025 listed
and it will not be big enough for the Acadia.

When I get the other one from JNK Products I will give you an update as to whether it fits or not.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Why not just order the correct one from autoupgrade.net? It is cheaper and an exact fit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
JF7FSU said:
Why not just order the correct one from autoupgrade.net? It is cheaper and an exact fit.
I checked this one out -- not the same as the one made by Covercraft which folds
one on autoupgrade.net rolls and made of different material.

·
Registered
25 Posts
cathyn said:
mabco66 said:
DO NOT ORDER ONE LISTED FOR ACADIA!

I did order the one listed for the Acadia and it does not fit.
2007 GMC Acadia - SKU - UV10025 -- Description: UVS100 Heat Shield --- 42.01
I'm in the process of TRYING to return it. You have to call the number listed on the packing slip and
ask for a "Return Authorization Number". Carcover-depot.com has to contact the manufacture to get a number to give you or so they told me. I called them Monday 9/10 and again on Thursday 9/13 and still do not have a number.
The manager said he would get the number and call me back - this was on Monday.... when I called again on
Thursday he was not there and the person I talked with said he could only put the info on his desk for him to handle first thing Friday morning.... I'm still waiting for a return call with number authorization.

If you run the 2007 Saturn Outlook and 2008 Buick Enclave, you will come up with another number:
2007 Saturn Outlook - SKU - UV11025 -- Description: UVS100 Heat Shield --- 42.01
2008 Buick Enclave - SKU - UV11025 -- Description: UVS100 Heat Shield --- 42.01

Note the different SKU# UV11025 for Outlook/Enclave and SKU#10025 for Acadia -- same price.

Since I'm having trouble with Carcover-depot.com I went to another company:
JNK Products -- http://www.jnkproducts.com/uvs100.htm
and ordered the SKU#UV11025 from them for the same price of 42.01
Note: JNK Products also have the wrong number listed for the Acadia (SKU#10025) This product is sold under the name of "Covercraft" which I have used before and love the one I got for my G35. So beware that any company
that is selling this Covercraft UV100 Heat Shield for the Acadia will probably have the same SKU#UV10025 listed
and it will not be big enough for the Acadia.

When I get the other one from JNK Products I will give you an update as to whether it fits or not.
Well I received my new sun shade for the windshield from JNK Products -- it fits perfectly. The correct number is
#11025 - this is the Covercraft UVS100 Heat Shield.

BTW - the other sites now have the correct number listed for the Acadia. Also Friday the guy from CarCover-Depot.com
finally called and left a message saying he now had the "Return Authorization Number" - for us to call him for it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.