GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have pictures of a Summit White Acadia, please post them in this thread.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From saturnfans.com - someone didn't believe these were the size of a Yukon/Tahoe, so these pics were posted...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Although it's not the most popular color around here, by default, we are taking delivery of a summit white Acadia this Saturday. I will post our Summit White pix (amid our impending NE snow dump) as soon as possible, surely won't rival that beautiful Texas sunshine photo spread! ;)

It's an SLT-1 4SA similar options to the one posted above, with Titanium interior with 2nd row captain's seating, (which we found quite comfortable). Besides the standard SLT-1 package, additional options are as follows:

*AM/FM STEREO 6 CD/MP3 PLAYER
*CONVENIENCE PACKAGE: REMOTE START ULTRASONIC REAR PARKING ASSIST
*CARGO PACKAGE: CARGO CONVENIENCE NET CARGO SHADE
*115V POWER OUTLET
*ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM - DVD 2 HEADPHONES WITH BOSE 10 SPEAKER SURROUND SOUND
*XM SATELLITE RADIO

The only other inventory any of the dealers in my area of the tri-state (NY, NJ, CT) were fully loaded SLT-2's which were in the $44-45K range, and a couple basic SLE's, so we had only a choice of the floor model in the options we needed and that suited our price range and time constraints with so few on lots. A lot of dealerships in this area are not amenable to swapping vehicles because of lack of inventory. My husband wanted the Acadia in blue or carbon with the darker interior (and it was HUGE concession for him as he hates white, a concession I haven't heard the end of...) but we couldn't wait for delivery. Personally, I'm thrilled with the white, although I preferred the Diamond Tricoat White or Silver (I guess white is chick thing!) - the only thing I will miss regarding our new vehicle is it was packaged without the sunroof.

We are at the end of a lease on a loaded 2003 Envoy (which we were very happy with), so we didn't have the luxury of waiting 6 - 8 weeks for the "perfect" fit and we wanted the Acadia. We had them come down $1500 off MSRP price (hard pressed to get them to budge, they are flying out the door), they gave us $1000 Conquest discount and we had a $500 GMC customer loyalty coupon and advanced another incentive for President's day weekend early. Can't wait to pick it up, it drove like butter in our test drive and I'm sure we will be as happy with the Acadia as we were with the Envoy, if not more so. I've only seen one other Acadia in our area so far. Stay tuned for the pix...

·
Registered
166 Posts
thejoerocks said:
Although it's not the most popular color around here, by default, we are taking delivery of a summit white Acadia this Saturday. I will post our Summit White pix (amid our impending NE snow dump) as soon as possible, surely won't rival that beautiful Texas sunshine photo spread! ;)

It's an SLT-1 4SA similar options to the one posted above, with Titanium interior with 2nd row captain's seating, (which we found quite comfortable). Besides the standard SLT-1 package, additional options are as follows:

*AM/FM STEREO 6 CD/MP3 PLAYER
*CONVENIENCE PACKAGE: REMOTE START ULTRASONIC REAR PARKING ASSIST
*CARGO PACKAGE: CARGO CONVENIENCE NET CARGO SHADE
*115V POWER OUTLET
*ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM - DVD 2 HEADPHONES WITH BOSE 10 SPEAKER SURROUND SOUND
*XM SATELLITE RADIO

The only other inventory any of the dealers in my area of the tri-state (NY, NJ, CT) were fully loaded SLT-2's which were in the $44-45K range, and a couple basic SLE's, so we had only a choice of the floor model in the options we needed and that suited our price range and time constraints with so few on lots. A lot of dealerships in this area are not amenable to swapping vehicles because of lack of inventory. My husband wanted the Acadia in blue or carbon with the darker interior (and it was HUGE concession for him as he hates white, a concession I haven't heard the end of...) but we couldn't wait for delivery. Personally, I'm thrilled with the white, although I preferred the Diamond Tricoat White or Silver (I guess white is chick thing!) - the only thing I will miss regarding our new vehicle is it was packaged without the sunroof.

We are at the end of a lease on a loaded 2003 Envoy (which we were very happy with), so we didn't have the luxury of waiting 6 - 8 weeks for the "perfect" fit and we wanted the Acadia. We had them come down $1500 off MSRP price (hard pressed to get them to budge, they are flying out the door), they gave us $1000 Conquest discount and we had a $500 GMC customer loyalty coupon and advanced another incentive for President's day weekend early. Can't wait to pick it up, it drove like butter in our test drive and I'm sure we will be as happy with the Acadia as we were with the Envoy, if not more so. I've only seen one other Acadia in our area so far. Stay tuned for the pix...
Where are you located? The first picture posted in this thread was taken by me at Cerami GMC in Paramus, NJ. It was optioned very similarly to the one you described and stickered just over 39,000. Wouldn't it be funny if that is a picture of your Acadia?

·
Registered
794 Posts
It sure looks a hell of a lot better than the Yukon! And according to reports, it has more room inside.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Monroe, NY, just above Mahwah and Paramus. Got the car at Colandrea Pontiac/Buick/GMC (Newburgh) but would have gone to Cerami if they didn't do the deal we wanted, as my neighbors are each the GM and top salesperson for Prestige Mercedes in Paramus and had a hook there - or so they said. (I hope they'll do me right on our next car... : ;D) The sticker was $38,154 on ours, but we did manage to get it for less. The wheel covers IMHO are nicer on ours. Pricewise I think we did pretty well considering most dealerships were pretty adament that they don't have a lot of incentive to deal as they are flying off the lots and supply seems excruciatingly short in the midrange of the Acadia ($36-39K), that's why we had no option but white with the features we felt were essential.

There was somewhat more choice if you were in the market for the loaded SLT2 in the $44-46K range, which was just a bit more than where we wanted to be, primarily because we unfortunately are more than likely stuck eating a huge amount of lease over miles on our 2003 Envoy. If we weren't, we'd have gone for the SLT-2 in Carbon. What sparked our interest in the Acadia is my husband loved his Envoy and we saw this car last week at the car wash (n Blue/Gold and it was AWESOME!) and needed something larger than the Envoy, he wanted a truck, we needed the room and we wanted luxury car feel. This fit the bill to a T. I have not seen any Blue/Gold inventory in the tri-state at all (especially in our price range) when I do a search...that probably would have been our optimal color if we could have held out from a timing standpoint. Anyway, greetings, neighbor! :) Enjoy the incoming snow, up here near the Woodbury Commons we're supposed to get creamed...which is why we're not picking this up until Saturday. LOL

Cheers!

·
Registered
166 Posts
thejoerocks said:
Monroe, NY, just above Mahwah and Paramus. Got the car at Colandrea Pontiac/Buick/GMC (Newburgh) but would have gone to Cerami if they didn't do the deal we wanted, as my neighbors are each the GM and top salesperson for Prestige Mercedes in Paramus and had a hook there - or so they said. (I hope they'll do me right on our next car... : ;D) The sticker was $38,154 on ours, but we did manage to get it for less. The wheel covers IMHO are nicer on ours. Pricewise I think we did pretty well considering most dealerships were pretty adament that they don't have a lot of incentive to deal as they are flying off the lots and supply seems excruciatingly short in the midrange of the Acadia ($36-39K), that's why we had no option but white with the features we felt were essential.

There was somewhat more choice if you were in the market for the loaded SLT2 in the $44-46K range, which was just a bit more than where we wanted to be, primarily because we unfortunately are more than likely stuck eating a huge amount of lease over miles on our 2003 Envoy. If we weren't, we'd have gone for the SLT-2 in Carbon. What sparked our interest in the Acadia is my husband loved his Envoy and we saw this car last week at the car wash (n Blue/Gold and it was AWESOME!) and needed something larger than the Envoy, he wanted a truck, we needed the room and we wanted luxury car feel. This fit the bill to a T. I have not seen any Blue/Gold inventory in the tri-state at all (especially in our price range) when I do a search...that probably would have been our optimal color if we could have held out from a timing standpoint. Anyway, greetings, neighbor! :) Enjoy the incoming snow, up here near the Woodbury Commons we're supposed to get creamed...which is why we're not picking this up until Saturday. LOL

Cheers!
Wow, small world. My wife is originally from Newburgh. We stopped and looked at Colandrea, at the time they had a white and a silver one but both were SLT-2s. I gave the guy my contact info, but he never called. So we ended up ordering from Cerami, and got a pretty good deal I think. Too bad we won't have it until the end of March. The anticipation is killing me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow, small world. My wife is originally from Newburgh. We stopped and looked at Colandrea, at the time they had a white and a silver one but both were SLT-2s. I gave the guy my contact info, but he never called. So we ended up ordering from Cerami, and got a pretty good deal I think. Too bad we won't have it until the end of March. The anticipation is killing me.
It is a small world. Although I hail from North Jersey, for all intents and purposes, I for the most part grew up in Newburgh too. Colandrea has been there for nearly 25 years with a good rep like Cerami, although they just recently took on GMC. Because of that, the inside track is that they want to perform well with the new line, so they want to move them. The white and silver SLT-2s you saw are still on the lot. We test drove the white one, as the SLT-1 nicely loaded we are taking is on the showroom floor. They also have a carbon and a blue SLT-2, each totally loaded as well. Again, we would have gone with one of the SLT-2's in Blue (same color as our Envoy), Carbon or Silver as my husband (and I see most others here share his opinion) does not like white, at least for this vehicle. (I happen to be fine with it.) They also had a nicely loaded Carbon SLE with every upgrade possible, but it still had cloth interior of course. That had just sold minutes before we got there, although my husband and I don't like cloth so even if it hadn't just been purchased we wouldn't have taken it. That being said pricing seemed very reasonable for the host of upgrades that were packed into it. We checked the inventory in both Middletown, Ramsey and Paramus and they didn't have the exact features we wanted in the pricing we felt suited us, and we couldn't wait. Even though it wasn't our first color choice, the one we're getting had all the features we felt essential and I can't wait until Saturday AM. Since it's still a good looking vehicle and I spend most of my time inside, that was more important that the color ultimately.

My husband was in a different situation when he originally leased his 2003 Envoy, and didn't needed more than 12,000 miles a year when he got the vehicle, but ended due to a change in circumstances up going way over miles. We are being told since this is the 3rd GMC in a row we'll own, we should let GM bill us for the overmiles and negotiate hard to get them down to a more reasonable figure. Don't know if this will work, and the price difference between the SLT-1 and the SLT-2 is roughly the price of those miles...so we didn't want to go for the loaded SLT-2 and be left with $5500 bill in overmiles in case we couldn't negotiate them down. If we knew for sure we could have talked them down to a $1500 bill, we would have gone with the the SLT-2. I'm not a gambler, so I didn't want to bet the ranch. Anyone have experience with GM and lease overmiles? (I certainly didn't want to finance them into the Acadia)

Which Acadia did you end up ordering from Cerami (model/options/color)? I bet the anticipation is killing you, but at least you're getting exactly what you want! :) Have heard a lot of good things about Cerami from friends and family in that area, so I'm sure you'll be happy all the way around.

Cheers!

JJ

·
Registered
166 Posts
thejoerocks said:
Which Acadia did you end up ordering from Cerami (model/options/color)? I bet the anticipation is killing you, but at least you're getting exactly what you want! :) Have heard a lot of good things about Cerami from friends and family in that area, so I'm sure you'll be happy all the way around.

Cheers!

JJ
We ordered a SLT-1 AWD, Red Jewel, Light Titanium, DVD, Sunroof, Conv. package, power lift gate, and XM on 2/5/07. They told me 60 days, but would update me when they get more info. I might call them Monday and check in since that will be two weeks.

Be sure to post up some pics of yours before you get it too dirty in this lovely weather. I think that they look great in white.

·
Registered
173 Posts
thejoerocks and tdrumm - My husband was born in Newburgh and grew up in Washingtonville. His family moved to Texas in the late 70's. He still has family in New City. I've never been there. Hope one day to see where he grew up.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TJNACINOPA said:
here's the wifey's car...
Very nice... congrats, and welcome to acadiaforum.net! Prepare to turn some heads ;)

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fantastic pics, guys! Very nice wheels, mer!

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
very nice and best of luck.

admin, mer should get the RVO19 award.

First real life pics of the RVO19's.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Done! check your title mer ;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
mer,
How the heck did you get those wheels? Which dealer had them?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts