GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I picked up my 08 Acadia it was parked inside and in front of it was a new 08 crew cab GMC also in summit white. The CC was very a lot lighter, So much so that my wife asked if the Acadia was indeed Summit White. I looked on the window sticker & sure enough it's Summit White. I also have a 2000 GMC Ex Cab and it's a lot brighter also.
What gives? Are there different shades of Summit White? No big deal but when they are side by side you can really tell.

Just curious.

Oh, By the way, This is a very nice well organized forum.

LK

·
Registered
683 Posts
What is the paint code number in the door jamb?

What it almost sounds like is that the dealer (or whomever put the vehicle sticker on it...Lansing Delta Plant) has the Summit White vehicle sticker on a White Diamond Tricoat vehicle. Is it kinda pearl-like and kinda yellow in comparison to the stark white of the Crew Cab?

You can do a search on this board for both Summit White and White Diamond Tricoat to get pics. Or go to the Picture Share category from the homepage and browse thru others' photos.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not the white diamond tricoat. I have noticed numerous acadias with the same color. Just yesterday there was one sitting in a parking lot nest to an envoy and the envoy was brighter. I'm happy with the color, Just curious as to why the color difference.
I have also looked at new ones on the lot in Summit White & they are the same as mine.

LK

·
Registered
683 Posts
So a slight variation in shade/color tone between the two. That is why I was asking the paint code number. I figured that would be the only sure way to identify the color. As long as your happy with it, then that is good. Looks like you got your answer now too! :thumb:

Welcome to the board by the way :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
It's funny, my Dad has a Sierra 2500 in Summit White and I couldn't figure out why my Summit White Acadia looks more off-white. I love the color, and I'm actually glad it isn't snow white, but thought it was odd that two GMC vehicles made in the same year, same color were actually different colors!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I was test driving a 08 summit white yukon Denali and a 08 summit white Acadia at the dealership and they had parked the two vehicles next to each other for me. I really like the Acadia white. My current truck is white like the Yukon which is fine but I like the creamier tone of the Acadia much better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered a 2012 Summit White SLT2 Acadia and although it says it's Summit White on the window sticker the paint code is the same as the White on the Traverse (U40, 8554). It is not the same as the Summit White (U50, 8624) on all other Summit White vehicles in the GM line. When is GM going to realize they are misrepresenting the color on the Acadia?

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Hadapat said:
I ordered a 2012 Summit White SLT2 Acadia and although it says it's Summit White on the window sticker the paint code is the same as the White on the Traverse (U40, 8554). It is not the same as the Summit White (U50, 8624) on all other Summit White vehicles in the GM line. When is GM going to realize they are misrepresenting the color on the Acadia?
You just covered this in another thread.

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
Hadapat said:
Good morning,
If you were to send us the last 8 digits of your VIN, we would be happy to verify the paint code for your vehicle. I just searched for the RPO code U50 in our system and it came up displaying "DIGITAL DIRECT READOUT, TRIP MONITOR". We hope to clarify this concern for you!
Regards,
Sarah (In for Michelle today)
GM Customer Service

·
Super Moderator
22,602 Posts
Sarah, type in U2 and see what comes out of GM's database. If the data won't show Bono or the Edge, then there's no value to it! ;D

I think we're talking paint codes here - not RPO codes. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts