GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our dealer just installed a factory hitch on the 2008 Acadia :thumb:. All it took was the OE hitch, harness, bolts, 7-pin outlet, hitch cover and underhood fuse block. The vehicle is still only rated to pull 2000lbs and it does not have the "tow/haul" switch on the dash. At this point we haven't changed the radiator or added an external transmission cooler but, that is something that we will keep our eye on.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Tell me did they charge you to change the underhood fuse block or did they fix it under warranty??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They did NOT charge for the underhood fuse block because it was part of the "purchasing agreement" that a hitch was installed on the vehicle at the time of pick up.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I wish I would have done that.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
billandrews said:
Our dealer just installed a factory hitch on the 2008 Acadia :thumb:. All it took was the OE hitch, harness, bolts, 7-pin outlet, hitch cover and underhood fuse block. The vehicle is still only rated to pull 2000lbs and it does not have the "tow/haul" switch on the dash. At this point we haven't changed the radiator or added an external transmission cooler but, that is something that we will keep our eye on.
I was told the tranny cooler was already in place, when i asked the question about the after market installation

billandrews said:
They did NOT charge for the underhood fuse block because it was part of the "purchasing agreement" that a hitch was installed on the vehicle at the time of pick up.
Didn't know anything about this one

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a transmission cooler already in place in the factory radiator on 2008 Acadia's however, this radiator is not the "V08" option which is for "Heavy-Duty cooling." Vehicles with the "factory towing provisions" have the "V08" radiator on there vehicle from factory. (In case you don't know, the V08 option code and any option code for that matter is listed in the vehicles glove box on a indix card sized, white sticker that has a list of 3-digit option codes.) Visually there is not a lot of difference between the two radiators because the sizes are almost identical but, there must be some sort of difference to label it "Heavy-Duty."

As far as the "purchase agreement." That is part of the negotiating process when buying a new vehicle or anything of value. I wouldn't buy an Acadia without a trailer package and the dealer didn't have the Acadia I wanted with a trailer package so, we worked out a deal that made everyone happy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts