GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone-

I tried searching the forums for some insight into adding a sub to the Acadia to provide a little more low end sound. Could not find anything. Has anyone added a sub to the storage area behind the third row, and if so, have a picture or some insight as to what would fit and where to go to get a sub and enclosure that would fit that space? Thanks in advance for any answers.

Bill

·
Registered
730 Posts
You might have seen THIS already.
I have a 10-inch sub behind the 3rd row. It occupies almost a quarter of the space. I can shift it to different spots depending of what cargo I have at that time. It is pretty good sound-wise, but I do not like the way it takes up space. I emailed some shops including JL Audio if they could create some kind of JL Audio's "stealth box"...never got any reply yet. I wonder how are those who installed those low profiles subs underneath the seat.

·
Registered
423 Posts
kram, that was the thread i was thinking of. good job! that looks so tight, my wife isnt into the whole bass thing. she actually uses the small compartment ;)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. That is a great thread. I guess I should have been more specific when I said that I would like to put a sub in the storage compartment. Thanks again.

Bill

·
Registered
730 Posts
Schram said:
kram, that was the thread i was thinking of. good job! that looks so tight, my wife isnt into the whole bass thing. she actually uses the small compartment ;)
Subs can be overwhelming at times, depends on what type of music and how it was recorded. I'm not into that "thump" "thump" thing...i just need some low end to complete the full range of sound. My wife is usually the first one who comments when the subs goes "boomy"..she isn't into it, either.

·
Registered
730 Posts
who1975 said:
Thanks for the replies. That is a great thread. I guess I should have been more specific when I said that I would like to put a sub in the storage compartment. Thanks again.

Bill
Let us know how it goes. This was actually in santa's list last year, well, another christmas is coming in 11 months :'(

·
Registered
119 Posts
i just finished installing an amp and sub to the 07 sle. I NEVER use the rear seat so it's always in the down position. Therefore i installed the amp right in front 3rd row and under 2nd row seating. Using the plastic trac covering to hide the wiring and such.

I used a 10" sub in a 12"x12"x6"deep, downfire,box and put it in the rear area, on a 5' wire, speaker up instead of down. I move it around as needed. I haven't had it tweaked in by a pro yet but it sounds to be all the bass i want for my listening pleasure.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Excellent find Bonk! I just wish I knew how to make a sub enclosure that would fit the storage compartment. That would be sweet. :cheers:

Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts