GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone else feels the air conditioning output in the Acadia's is lacking. I do not have the auto climate control. Here in Northern California, the temp is reaching the hundreds frequently and we drive with the air on full blast most of the time. With the air turned to full blast, it just doesn't seem that there is a lot of air coming out. Other cars I owned blew out a ton of cold air if you cranked the air up. Any thoughts from those with and without the climate control?

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have an SLE with the auto climate controls, I live in the Houston Texas area and our temperatures are in the 90's lately. My a/c keeps up just fine, Sounds like you have a problem with yours......

·
Registered
5 Posts
You know, I hardly use my AC. When I turn on the recirculate button (and making sure that the thermostat is turned all the way cold), it blows in plenty of cool air. It's not super chilly cold air, but it's cold enough that I feel that I don't need to turn on the AC and waste gas. I only use the AC when I have passengers in the back, in which the recirculated air may not be enough to cool the whole cabin. I have a baseline SLE, no climate control.[/color]

·
Registered
275 Posts
I find myself turning the fan down because it's too ****** cold. Granted, the first few minutes it's cranked to get the temps down...

I suspect you have a problem with yours. Time for a visit to the dealer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine is very good.Have climate control and on longer drives we find that a setting of 75 is very good. The temperture is high 80s to low 90s.I would have it checked out to see if its charged properly.Sometimes if its real humid out they will not cool quite as good or you will have to have them set higher with recirculate on so you cool and dehumidify the inside air only.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Mine gets cold enough to freeze the nuts off of a squirrel. It works very well.

·
Registered
118 Posts
no problems with the a/c here. we took a little road trip on saturday; 6 people in the vehicle, case of beer iced down with snacks, and the temperature ranging between 100-104; kept the auto a/c set at 74 and got no complaints from anyone in any row.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
black72 said:
I'm wondering if anyone else feels the air conditioning output in the Acadia's is lacking. I do not have the auto climate control. Here in Northern California, the temp is reaching the hundreds frequently and we drive with the air on full blast most of the time. With the air turned to full blast, it just doesn't seem that there is a lot of air coming out. Other cars I owned blew out a ton of cold air if you cranked the air up. Any thoughts from those with and without the climate control?
I would visit the service department. Mine is very cold, in fact I had a friend in the car the other day, and when the AC kicked on he said, "is there a tornado in here" just because of the force of the AC. I think it works very very well.

Off topic, but I love turning the 2nd row roof vent so that it blows on your neck and back. That is comfort, haha

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
toasteroven said:
I find myself turning the fan down because it's too ****** cold. Granted, the first few minutes it's cranked to get the temps down...
Ditto here. It's often TOO cold and I have to turn it down. It cools off very quickly too, quicker than any vehicle I've owned in the past.

·
Registered
681 Posts
xseler said:
Mine gets cold enough to freeze the nuts off of a squirrel. It works very well.
Mine is real cold and works well, but I don't know if it is cold enough to freeze this squirrel. ;D :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
bonk1313 said:
Off topic, but I love turning the 2nd row roof vent so that it blows on your neck and back. That is comfort, haha
I don't think it is off topic. My biggest complaint is my head stays too hot/warm. I didn't think of turning the 2nd row vent around... I will give it a shot. My alternative was to remove the hot air via the sunroof which did a pretty good job of reducing the initial heat.

I previously complained about the max air with remote start (spring temps), but now in the summer, I take my time on turning the key. I make sure everything in the car is set to go, open sunroof and turn the key. Before leaving the parking lot, sunroof closed and AC is active.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
While we don't own one yet, the Outlooks we have test driven had great AC. One was an overcast day, but the other was sunny and 95. One thing that is steering us towards the Lambda is the AC. The Dodge Journeys we tested did not have anywhere near the AC capacity, even after driving for a while.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Just got back from a summer trip with a bunch of running around. The AC was great and most of the time was turned down. Almost everyone in the back shut their vents from up top saying they were too cold. I did use the remote start a few minutes before we got in each time and also put one of those window shield in to block the sun from the dash when we parked, so maybe that made a difference.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine started to work intermittently and seemed to only blow cold if the interior temp was cool. If I left it parked in the sun it would never blow cold and sometimes the rear A/C would blow warm while the front seemed cold. Took it in and they replaced a leaking high pressure schraeder valve and now it blows colder than it ever has in a long time. I guess I didn't notice it getting gradually worse.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
OCGuy said:
Mine started to work intermittently and seemed to only blow cold if the interior temp was cool. If I left it parked in the sun it would never blow cold and sometimes the rear A/C would blow warm while the front seemed cold. Took it in and they replaced a leaking high pressure schraeder valve and now it blows colder than it ever has in a long time. I guess I didn't notice it getting gradually worse.
One of the schraeder valves in the engine compartment?

·
Registered
119 Posts
mine blows cold enough to keep ( . ) ( . ) hard ! .....but have noticed the fan seemed to have some issues with speeds sumtimes

·
Registered
350 Posts
Do you use the recirc function? That helps...

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Our Acadia has the best (by far) auto climate control system of any car I've ever owned. To quote one member, "it will freeze the nuts off a squirrel" Very funny.

·
Super Moderator
21,792 Posts
Jake_99 said:
I don't think it is off topic. My biggest complaint is my head stays too hot/warm. ....
Jake_99, there is nothing in the Acadia that relieves 'hot flashes!' ;D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts